Verizon LG G Pad 8.3

nlitenme

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I've been considering the VZW Gpad 8.3 as a replacement for my Xoom LTE. The Xoom has become agonizingly slow, do you think I'm going to notice a massive improvement with the Gpad?
I had been looking at the Note 10.1 2014 edition, but it's hard to part with that kind of cash. I'm used to a 10" tablet, and this 8.3" size is the only smaller one that feels useable. While I love Nexus, the 7" tablet is just so small in comparison IMHO.

I know exactly how you feel. I just upgraded from an Acer that had the same specs as the Xoom & it was just as you described - agonizingly slow. Then it died & I jumped on the $49 deal VZW did about a month ago.

Performance-wise, I doubt you'll be disappointed. It's plenty quick. Size-wise, I was surprised just how fast I adjusted to it. I think it's a great size for all that I do with it - read ebooks, control my Chromecast, browse the Internet, use Maps & so on. I also like the knock on feature.

Let us know which way you go.

Mobius360

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
I've been considering the VZW Gpad 8.3 as a replacement for my Xoom LTE. The Xoom has become agonizingly slow, do you think I'm going to notice a massive improvement with the Gpad?
I had been looking at the Note 10.1 2014 edition, but it's hard to part with that kind of cash. I'm used to a 10" tablet, and this 8.3" size is the only smaller one that feels useable. While I love Nexus, the 7" tablet is just so small in comparison IMHO.

I also have a Xoom LTE that I'd like to upgrade. I had already purchased a WiFi G Pad prior to the Verizon model. The G Pad is fast, now has KitKat (although I'm not sure if Verizon has KitKat on it yet) and is much nicer to use and hold compared to the Xoom.

The few hiccups I find with it are it's hard to find cases or any other accessories and the screen is not as good as LG typically puts out now days. It is leaps and bounds better than the Xoom screen though so from that front it's easy to be happy with it.

I have found I don't miss the 10.1 size at all. The G Pad is so much more comfortable to hold and use. Especially if you play any games with on screen buttons.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I also have a Xoom LTE that I'd like to upgrade. I had already purchased a WiFi G Pad prior to the Verizon model. The G Pad is fast, now has KitKat (although I'm not sure if Verizon has KitKat on it yet) and is much nicer to use and hold compared to the Xoom.

The few hiccups I find with it are it's hard to find cases or any other accessories and the screen is not as good as LG typically puts out now days. It is leaps and bounds better than the Xoom screen though so from that front it's easy to be happy with it.

I have found I don't miss the 10.1 size at all. The G Pad is so much more comfortable to hold and use. Especially if you play any games with on screen buttons.

I have the wifi model as well and have an extra case I'd be happy to GIVE you if you'd like. Just PM me if you want.

Sent from 1 f IV 🔘

Mobius360

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
I have the wifi model as well and have an extra case I'd be happy to GIVE you if you'd like. Just PM me if you want.

Sent from 1 f IV 🔘

Wow thanks. I had ordered a silicone case the other day from amazon, what kind of case is it?

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Wow thanks. I had ordered a silicone case the other day from amazon, what kind of case is it?

Sorry I'm just now getting back to you...been in hiatus for a little while (motorcycles ). It's just a standard leather book-type cover.

Sent from 3 f IV 🔘