Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo No cases for the Ballistic Nylon model?

Deron Baker

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Re: Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo No cases for the Ballistic Nylon model.

If you look at all of the cases on the Verizon site all of them say does not fit Ballistic Nylon model.If you plan using a case you will want to go with the the other style.I guess one advantage is that I won't have to worry about them trying to sell me a case for it.This will be like the Lg G2 where the Verizon model would only work with cases made just for it.Looks like the same this time with the Ballistic model of the Turbo.
This is a typo on the Verizon website, and is simply not true. I have the shell and holster case as well as the OtterBox Commuter case for my droid turbo nylon stocking 64 gig version.

John Tsouris

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site

The ballistic nylon case is slippery as hell. That's why I'm getting a case. Plus, the edges are soft and not made of the nylon.

camachinist

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site

As a follow-up, I've had the Otterbox Defender on the phone for a couple weeks now and it works fine. About the only sticking point is the stock screen protector, which IMO doesn't function as good as I would prefer. Once Zagg or another aftermarket manufacturer gets a glass protector out, I'll pull the phone and install and will check for any abnormal wear at that time. When first installed, the phone fit snug but without issue and it was my first time ever installing a phone into a case. All buttons work fine and earpiece and speakerphone volume is quite acceptable. All sensors work as expected. The case has taken two hits so far without apparent damage to the phone. So far, so good.

RWinters49

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
Well.........I guess I missed that little note on the website. I bought the 64GB Ballistic Nylon Turbo via the telephone ordering method with the Otterbox Commuter style case. It fits just fine, I am looking at it now. they did not have the screen protectors in stock. I will order or pick up one of those; Gorilla Glass or not ... I am paranoid about scratches :)

leehardballer12

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site

Thanks. I ordered mine with an Otterbox due to my line of work (heavy industrial). Yep, fingerprints are pretty low on that list. Good luck with your phone!

I almost went with the OtterBox Commuter case, even though I thought the Incipio case in red looked better and nearly as solid. I ended up going with the Verizon brand Shell/ Holster Combo with Kickstand since it covers the ear piece for while I'm at work, and is easy enough to take off for when I get home. I work in sheetmetal fabrication and am sick of the ear speakers on my phones going bad from exposure to metal dust. Hopefully this helps....
All three fit my 64GB Ballistic Nylon model without issue.

Posted via the Android Central App

Jack Jawczak

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
Re: No cases for the Ballistic Nylon model.

Interesting. Didn't see that in the Otterbox details when ordering the 64GB and case tonight. Will know soon enough. I'm not worried though since I can throw a machine shop at it :cool:

I have the Turbo, 64g version with ballistic nylon and my Otterbox case fits perfectly.

maxman1

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I picked up the Case Mate Naked Tough Case for my 64GB Turbo. Perfect fit.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...spx%3Fprod%3D3318%26dept%3D826&token=_-tGQhgn

Turbo 64GB Beast
My current choice as well. I also have the Incipio Dual Pro and have not experienced any of the problems expressed by others with the rubber dimples marring my 64GB BN. Although not as "grippy" as some, the CM is thin, offers moderate protection while not hiding the phone and fits a belt pouch easily.

1BlinkGone

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site

I almost went with the OtterBox Commuter case, even though I thought the Incipio case in red looked better and nearly as solid. I ended up going with the Verizon brand Shell/ Holster Combo with Kickstand since it covers the ear piece for while I'm at work, and is easy enough to take off for when I get home. I work in sheetmetal fabrication and am sick of the ear speakers on my phones going bad from exposure to metal dust. Hopefully this helps....
All three fit my 64GB Ballistic Nylon model without issue.

I too, have the same holster/cover set that Verizon sells with the nifty kickstand. Fits in my 32GB Ballistic Nylon Turbo just fine, and I think it's a decent case. I DO wish it had an inside layer of rubber for shock suppression, but the phone seems like it's built like a tank anyway.

garyart1

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I picked up the Case Mate Naked Tough Case for my 64GB Turbo. Perfect fit.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...spx%3Fprod%3D3318%26dept%3D826&token=fJuwz-ml

Turbo 64GB Beast
I picked up this same case also but I am only using the clear bumper ring and not the back. I was looking for just a bumper being I like the look of the BN back and this is the closest I came. It fits well and offers a little more protection than being totally naked. It also keeps the screen raised when laid face down and gives turbo a little more grip. I like this combo.

DroidTurbo1

Banned
Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
I too, have the same holster/cover set that Verizon sells with the nifty kickstand. Fits in my 32GB Ballistic Nylon Turbo just fine, and I think it's a decent case. I DO wish it had an inside layer of rubber for shock suppression, but the phone seems like it's built like a tank anyway.

Same case for me on my 64GB BN, it fits great and gives the minimal protection/bulkiness I desired...but I like my tanks mostly naked :)

PS. Kickstand is great for watching free NFL games on Verizon!

JimBen73

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
How do you like it? Does it work well and do the wave to view notifications still work?

I like it because it gives me a better grip, the ballistic nylon feels a little slippery to me. If I wave my hand over it, it does nothing but as soon as I slightly open the case, the phone lights up. The phone does breathe when I get notifications and I can view them through the "window".

sent turbo fast

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

I picked up this case yesterday and I am liking it so far.

The case does make hitting the volume keys and power button slightly more difficult than it would be on the MG version. Also, the top right corner does pop out in the pocket at times despite fitting firmly. I'm using this until the Tudia comes out for the BN version since I prefer thin cases.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo

graygr

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Confused....why get the Ballistic Nylon model and then try to cover it up with a case?

Don Slyrocks

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site

I put an Otterbox Defender with a SF 49ers logo on my 64 gb Droid Turbo Ballistic tonight and it fit just fine.
It does work... I did it.
Fits perfect.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasIndia