Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo No cases for the Ballistic Nylon model?

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
This is just not correct. The only difference in size between the two models is .02" in thickness. You have to try hard to notice that small of a difference. Besides that, every case I have tried fits. Every one. I'm not sure why this is still an issue...

Posted via the Android Central App

Any TPU cases should fit either just fine. I'm running the Verizon one, high gloss silicone on their website, and it fits fine. A TPU case has a little stretch to it so for a difference that small it'll be fine. And any plain silicon cases should as well, since they are extremely stretchy.

VZWsucks

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site
I'm using the tech 21 case for the droid turbo ballistic nylon and it fits perfect 👌, no issues all ports accessible and works as they should. Purchased from Verizon store.

Update:

I found my receipt because I also purchased the otterbox commuter and speck candyshell grip for the family. All these cases fit the turbo bn perfect.

I also tried out the life proof in the store, it fit as well but, was close to $100 and the speaker is enclosed in the case because the case is waterproof.

Sent from my DROID Turbo64 via Tapatalk

Last edited:

kuyawil

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm using the tech 21 case for the droid turbo ballistic nylon and it fits perfect 👌, no issues all ports accessible and works as they should. Purchased from Verizon store.

Sent from my DROID Turbo64 via Tapatalk
+1 ^^^^^^

Tech21 case fits perfectly for my 64gb BN too. Also love how the smoke color allows some transparency for the back of the phone to still be visible. Awesome protection too! Great case!

Sent from my Droid Turbo!

this_is_nascar

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know if the Verizon belt-clip case with the kickstand will fit both versions of the Turbo?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know if the Verizon belt-clip case with the kickstand will fit both versions of the Turbo?

You are talking about the case/holster combo Verizon has? If so it will fit both versions. The case has for "tabs" on it the secure it to the back of the device. I have the case but yet to use it but I have read where the tab leave indentations in the ballistic nylon but they are not permanent marks.

this_is_nascar

May 25, 2012
Visit site
You are talking about the case/holster combo Verizon has? If so it will fit both versions. The case has for "tabs" on it the secure it to the back of the device. I have the case but yet to use it but I have read where the tab leave indentations in the ballistic nylon but they are not permanent marks.

Yes, that's the one. It has a built-in kick-stand. It's the one I use on my Droid Razr MAXX and would want to use it on a Turbo if/when I get one. I'm leaning towards the BN version to get the 64-GB, but wanted to make sure it would fit either.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Yes, that's the one. It has a built-in kick-stand. It's the one I use on my Droid Razr MAXX and would want to use it on a Turbo if/when I get one. I'm leaning towards the BN version to get the 64-GB, but wanted to make sure it would fit either.

No worries with this one.

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
There are no absolutes here. Anyone saying any case that doesn't say it is specifically for the BN Turbo won't fit, or anyone who is saying all cases (or some subset) will fit, are both wrong.

There are plenty of cases that do not say thery are spcifically for the BN Turbo that fit fine, as many have giuven examples. There is one that "fits" that causes the bottom right corner to pop off when the case is in your pocket (forget which case but one Verizon has had). I have the black glossy silicone case Vz sells, and despite it not being specifically for the BN it fits fine (without any corners popping off). I also have the Vz Flip Case, and that also is not specificslly for the BN Turbo and fits great.

I did order a TPU case that simply did not fit my BN Turbo. The sides were too short to come up over the top side of the phone. I got it off eBay and subsequently it was changed to indicate that it wouldn't fit the BN Turbo. That's true, it doesn't. There is another TPU case I would have liked to get (the perforated looking one also on eBay and Amazon), but that also apparently does not fit the BN Turbo (I assume in the same way the one I got does not).

So, stop with the absolutes.

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Both Tudia and Diztronic have now released their cases specifically for the BN Turbo. I have a black Tudia and it's great, especially for only $10. I bought the Verizon glossy gel case and that always seemed too thick given it's a gel case. Plus the glossiness sucks for fingerprints and such. Slimmest option (in black) out there at one point, I'm sure, but the Tudia is much nicer.

Ch4dders

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site

Check out the Seidio Surface with holster if you're interested in Verizon's holster combo. Not only does the case have a built in kick stand but the build quality is far superior. And you get a lot more for your money.

Posted from 64GB BN Droid Turbo

this_is_nascar

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Check out the Seidio Surface with holster if you're interested in Verizon's holster combo. Not only does the case have a built in kick stand but the build quality is far superior. And you get a lot more for your money.

Posted from 64GB BN Droid Turbo

Thanks. I'll search for it and take a look.

Sent from my Kindle Fire HDX using Tapatalk.

mwbryant1977

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Does anybody know of a belt holster that fits the OtterBox Commuter Series case for Droid Turbo Ballistic Nylon. I love the type holster that comes with the OtterBox Defender Series, but that case is just too big! I don't believe OtterBox makes a holster for the commuter? but is there any other holster out there that would securely hold the Droid turbo n the OtterBox Commuter case? or any other case holster combo for the turbo that has covers for charging port and headphone Jack? The only one I've seen that comes with all that is the Defender Series and it's just too big any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ukfred