Verizon Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Well it's been a long day of dealing with Verizon. I went to the corporate store this morning to return our 2 note 7's and decided to go with the iPhone7 plus (since I'm done with Samsung for awhile). Verizon had to ship me the iPhone's since they weren't in stock. Interestingly though, the rep told me the store does not want the phones back, and that they are "ours to do with as we please". So after the transaction, I left and got home and realized they never said anything about getting the full refund for the note 7's (that we paid for with the contract price already).

I call Verizon customer support to make sure I'm still getting my refund, and he was shocked to hear that the store would not accept our phones back since they are considered to be a "hazard". He did some research and said we'll be getting a "special box" in the mail to ship back the devices to Verizon, once they receive them we will be getting the full refund.

Oh it was also a nightmare getting my $25 bill credit, that's another story. Sorry Samsung, I'm no longer a diehard supporter.
The gift card is if you get the s7 or s7 edge. Since you went with iPhone the card doesn't apply. Great that you got it anyway

dp2016

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
Well, this really sucks. Really liked the Note 7, but that Verizon text really bummed me today. I went online and ordered an S7 edge to replace the Note 7. The Black ones are on back order, and my email confirmation said it would ship by 10/14.

Jedi_master

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Verizon note 7

I just got mine last week and it works great, charges fast or slow with no issues. I don't want a different phone!! If I keep it will Samsung really turn it off by remote??

umpatel

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
Note 7 owners on Verizon, check your accounts. Reinstated upgrades and credits

Some discussion in XDA about free upgrade if you got Note 7 for veirzon.

Login to your account to upgrade free!

YMMV

aparker2005

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
So this is probably screwing the system. And I may not can even do this.

But I had my upgrade set back. I'm thinking of just getting a refund at Verizon and going to best buy and get an s7 edge on 2 year pricing and get the HDTV. I'm assuming I'll have to pay sales tax on the 299 price.

Deciding if it's worth all the hassle or just switch over at Verizon.

RaspberryRed

Sep 23, 2016
Visit site
Has anyone not gotten a refund for their Note 7 payments yet?

My husband's line was credited but mine was not. Neither of us received the text messages yet either.

treedabl

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: Note 7 owners on Verizon, check your accounts. Reinstated upgrades and credits

Some discussion in XDA about free upgrade if you got Note 7 for veirzon.

Login to your account to upgrade free!

YMMV
My husband called and they didn't say anything about a free upgrade. Maybe he didn't ask the right questions.

jweimn

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Re: Note 7 owners on Verizon, check your accounts. Reinstated upgrades and credits

They reverted your upgrade back, you'll be getting a box to send back the Note 7 so it isn't really a free upgrade I'd say more like just letting you choose your replacement phone

jweimn

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Re: Verizon note 7

I just got mine last week and it works great, charges fast or slow with no issues. I don't want a different phone!! If I keep it will Samsung really turn it off by remote??
It won't be supported by Samsung at all and you run the risk of it. Samsung did send an update out before to limit the charging of old phones to like 60 or 80% (granted not in the US)

jordans0nly

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site

They reverted your upgrade back, you'll be getting a box to send back the Note 7 so it isn't really a free upgrade I'd say more like just letting you choose your replacement phone

Very true. Mine is back to before I bought the Note 7, and the beauty of it, they havent even received the phone yet. Will probably pre order the Pixel XL.

jweimn

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

Very true. Mine is back to before I bought the Note 7, and the beauty of it, they havent even received the phone yet. Will probably pre order the Pixel XL.
Yea I ended up perordering that, only phone that's really kinda close to Note 7 I think

AdamHLG

Trusted Member
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Re: Verizon note 7

And of course we just done know if the units that caught fire were perfect just like yours (and mine). What if it catches fire while you're downstairs or whatever. Is it really worth the risk? You're on notice now. It's called assumption of the risk. (yes, lawyer is my day job).

The five stages of grief are denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance that make up our learning to live with the phone we lost. They are tools to help us frame and identify what we may be feeling. Me personally.... I just exited denial, anger and bargaining. I am now in depression. When the V20 is released, and I buy it, that will be my acceptance phase.

Dude2

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
The Note 7 lives on at Verizon. Just left the Verizon store and called Billing Support to confirm.

The Note 7 lives on at Verizon. Just left the Verizon store and called Billing Support to confirm. This is what is being said by both Verizon groups which include the Store Mgr and Duty/Floor Mgr.

- They are zeroing out the charges for the Note 7

- They are resetting the upgrade eligibility for the my account (Note 7) to "upgrade eligible" as of today.

- You can keep the Note 7 and use as before, so the phone is free at this point.

- You can upgrade to another phone at any point and you will be sent a return box for your Note 7 and thus have a payment for the newer phone

- There are no plans to discontinue cellular service or support for the Note 7 either from Verizon or Samsung.

anon(607340)

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Re: The Note 7 lives on at Verizon. Just left the Verizon store and called Billing Support to confir

And this, is why I always wait. I'll be keeping my Note 7. Even if I have to continue to pay for it (T-Mobile). If Samsung continues to support the phone, why not?

Joeykool

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
Re: The Note 7 lives on at Verizon. Just left the Verizon store and called Billing Support to confir

WOW! The plot thickens..... I wonder of any other carriers are going to do this?

Dude2

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

Exactly. If people are concerned about battery temperature there are several good monitoring applications to do so.

aparker2005

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
So now what do I do. I was planning on getting the s7e tomorrow but if Samsung and Verizon are continuing to support, wow. We need some sort of clarification, and 1 story!

nocaldawg

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
So just went to my local corporate store to return my note 7. Did not read here first. So I arrive and let them know I want to return my Note 7 and case. They put me in the queue and I wait for 35 minutes. The sales guy comes over to help me and starts taking about upgrading my phone, a loaner device until my new phone comes and then the deal about the return box coming to my home. I told him all I want to do is return this, get my refund and wait for the Pixel XL and V20 to show up in store so I can compare them.

No in store return, just the box option. He said everything was refunded and my upgrade restored. Have not checked on the refund, but why couldn't they have said this when I walked in the front door. Their great attempt at doing something very cool was blunted by the usual poorly trained work force on the sales floor. Typical...

Status
Not open for further replies.