Verizon Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: The Note 7 lives on at Verizon. Just left the Verizon store and called Billing Support to confir

Exactly. If people are concerned about battery temperature there are several good monitoring applications to do so.
The problem is the high temps don't cause the battery to go up. The internal short or whatever is triggering the runaway reaction is what causes the excessive heat, at which point it's too late.

jamesrick80

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Yea I ended up perordering that, only phone that's really kinda close to Note 7 I think

You will have a rude awakening when you use vanilla android then....the s7 and s7 edge and note 5 are the closest thing to the note 7....even the lg v20 is much closer and at least has a extensive feature set.....

credo

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone else heard about Samsung & Verizon to continue support for Note7? I can't find any confirmation on the above post about this.

LailaAK

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
Re: The Note 7 lives on at Verizon. Just left the Verizon store and called Billing Support to confir

The Note 7 lives on at Verizon. Just left the Verizon store and called Billing Support to confirm. This is what is being said by both Verizon groups which include the Store Mgr and Duty/Floor Mgr.

- They are zeroing out the charges for the Note 7

- They are resetting the upgrade eligibility for the my account (Note 7) to "upgrade eligible" as of today.

- You can keep the Note 7 and use as before, so the phone is free at this point.

- You can upgrade to another phone at any point and you will be sent a return box for your Note 7 and thus have a payment for the newer phone

- There are no plans to discontinue cellular service or support for the Note 7 either from Verizon or Samsung.

so who's liable if the Note 7 catches fire and someone is
killed or injured? (both civil and criminal cases)

Verizon or the customer who elects to keep using it?

Samsung is no longer liable because they have recalled
the device. If someone chooses to continue using it after
several months, it would be hard to blame Samsung.

Last edited:

Dude2

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

so who's liable if the Note 7 catches fire and someone is
killed or injured? (both civil and criminal cases)

Verizon or the customer who elects to keep using it?
Liability and responsibility is on the customer. If you are concerned you should send it back. I believe my phone is a low risk at this time.

Samsun is no longer liable because they have recalled
the device. If someone chooses to continue using it after
several months, it would be hard to blame Samsung.

jordans0nly

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Seems pretty straight forward. They're not making anymore. No one is selling it. VZW is giving a return box option. So, now it's on you (in general).. :)

RaspberryRed

Sep 23, 2016
Visit site
For some reason, Verizon is saying that I'm not eligible for an upgrade until 2018 now.

I'm having the same problem. My Note 7 payments have not been refunded and I am not eligible for an upgrade. My husband's Note 7 on the same account has been refunded and he is eligible for an upgrade. It makes no sense. Same phones, same account.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same problem. My Note 7 payments have not been refunded and I am not eligible for an upgrade. My husband's Note 7 on the same account has been refunded and he is eligible for an upgrade. It makes no sense. Same phones, same account.
Exact thing happened with me and my wife. Hers is fine. They actually had the nerve to say that they canceled the device payment and added the 2 year contract. I said for what? You guys didn't give me anything. They're "looking into it." Keep asking if anyone else has access to my account.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Exact thing happened with me and my wife. Hers is fine. They actually had the nerve to say that they canceled the device payment and added the 2 year contract. I said for what? You guys didn't give me anything. They're "looking into it." Keep asking if anyone else has access to my account.

Did u call customer care and ask for a manager? This is weird. The phone has been pulled permanently.

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
Re: Verizon text message

Free VZW Message: Samsung has announced that the Galaxy Note7 will no longer be sold for safety reasons. We strongly recommend that you power down and exchange your Note7 for another device of your choice. You can exchange your Samsung Galaxy Note7 at go.vzw.com/note7faq. Exchanging your Note7 online instead of visiting a Verizon store will be your most efficient way to get a new device.

So far they only "strongly recommend" exchanging it? Think I'm gonna hold out as long as it's not mandatory and still works.

exactly what i am doiing

aparker2005

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Quick question. Since Verizon reset our upgrade, does the upgrade count exchanging for an s7e?

If not I may just exchange and use the reset upgrade for the next version of the note.

Otherwise I'm gonna get a refund and get the free TV from best buy for 2 year price which is what I did for my N7

crazyavery

Oct 12, 2016
Visit site
I would call them again. I just talked to a rep on the pc and what they did was a bill credit for the amount and I still have the phone.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.