Verizon Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SarahGN

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Ok so, I got my phone through a third party wireless company because that's what's closest to me.... Should I try to find an actual Verizon Store for a replacement device when they arrive?

I think you have to do the exchange through the outlet where you purchased.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Just returned mine and basically same thing we know. The new ones will be coming in a couple weeks. They asked me if I wanted to wait or exchange for something else. I just opted to return for now and I'll see in a couple weeks if I want to pick one up. I may wait a few weeks after the replacements go out to ensure this or something else doesn't come up. Rocking Nexus 6P until I decide what's next.

SarahGN

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Exchange Through Samsung If You Purchased Through US Retailer?

I would prefer to exchange my device through Samsung directly. Do we have that option if we purchased from a US retailer?

juliesdroidsync

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
With Samsung switch, your old phone can be copied to the new one with nothing for you to set up. It's the new KIES they had before but better. Switch comes already on the phone. You can do it by computer if you've backed up your phone, or if you have a cable with USB-C on both ends and do it phone to phone. I'm sure they'll sed you the new phone a d then you send the old one. They cant leave you without a phone in between.

2 things...
1st thing - I guess I should differentiate between Samsung, a Verizon store, and and independent dealer, but... "they" *can* leave you without a phone in-between, although that would be so wrong to do so! Before the recall, my first Note 7 had a screen defect where the edges wouldn't register your touch, I was still within my 14 days, and I had already sent my Note 4 back. (edge up plan on Verizon.)

Verizon told my independent dealer that I would have to turn the defective phone in while they ordered me another, leaving me without a phone for days. My dealer said, "OK - will do", and then let me keep the phone while he ordered me my second Note 7. (the recall was 1 day after I got the 2nd Note 7... <sigh>)

2nd thing - I was considering using Switch, as all I wanted to do was literally clone the phone, as I'd spent a lot of time getting it "perfect". However, I opted not to, as I read in some various threads on this that people had issues, and wound up doing factory resets anyway... Who knows, it might work fine, but I'm just going to set it up again as a new phone when I get my THIRD Note 7... :)

It might be a good idea for a new thread - folks who cloned their phones with Smart Switch, Note 7 to Note 7. Because if that specifically works without issue, agree with Jedi215 that this would be a GREAT timesaver...

souffoue

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
While I am glad that they are willing to let us exchange, return etc. I'm frustrated with all the time I've taken to customize my phone, etc. and how it was all for nothing. The note 7 was my first Android and I was just getting it to where I wanted it to be with customization, apps, etc. All the apps, screen customization, etc. I can redo (while not happy with it, it can be done). One of my main concerns are the photos/videos I've taken. Is it best to just transfer them to a SD card for the new Note 7 when I get it? All of this is still so new and foreign to me.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
While I am glad that they are willing to let us exchange, return etc. I'm frustrated with all the time I've taken to customize my phone, etc. and how it was all for nothing. The note 7 was my first Android and I was just getting it to where I wanted it to be with customization, apps, etc. All the apps, screen customization, etc. I can redo (while not happy with it, it can be done). One of my main concerns are the photos/videos I've taken. Is it best to just transfer them to a SD card for the new Note 7 when I get it? All of this is still so and foreign to me.
You can transfer them to the SD card.

SD card or not, photos you want to keep need to be uploaded to Google Photos. This is free unlimited storage and you can set it to upload automatically.

SD cards fail all the time.

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
To me, someone that lives with and feeds 3 giant Great Danes everyday. :)

Now you going Silver?
At least you will have had all 3 flavors. I'm stuck on the black bomb.

I figured this was a good opportunity to have all three flavors.

And I have a Boxer. So a box of Boxer puppies
would definitely make amends with Samsung.

souffoue

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
You can transfer them to the SD card.

SD card or not, photos you want to keep need to be uploaded to Google Photos. This is free unlimited storage and you can set it to upload automatically.

SD cards fail all the time.

Great, thank you! I'm sure I'll be back later to ask how to do that (upload photos to Google) if I cant figure it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rickness54