Verizon Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

akin_t

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Re: Exchange Through Samsung If You Purchased Through US Retailer?

Would there be any advantage? Honestly, how do we even know that retailers aren't still selling the old batch?

Unless Samsung comes up with a serial# range, I don't think retailers can be trusted to do the right thing imo.

esf6491

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
I called Samsung and Verizon as well. I also wend to a Verizon store. I was told that all exchanges are being handled by the carriers. Samsung told me to wait a week for the new units to arrive. Verizon confirmed that I can just come in after a week and do a swap. Verizon still doesn't have their exact process communicated fully to their people but that is what I was told as of today.

PraetorianGuard14

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site

I believe you can, Samsung US came out with a press release yesterday.

But honestly, there is so much miscommunication here it's ridiculous.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site

Samsung is directing you to your carrier where you purchased the phone. At this time they arent taking any exchanges directly. This is imo their way to not have to deal with the mess of it all. This way the deal with a handful of carriers vs a million individuals. Its pretty disgraceful if you ask me.

PraetorianGuard14

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site

SarahGN

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site

Honestly, how do we even know that retailers aren't still selling the old batch?
All of the old stock is being returned to Samsung and cannot be sold. Samsung is refunding the retailers so it is in their best interest to send the old stock back to Samsung.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Great, thank you! I'm sure I'll be back later to ask how to do that (upload photos to Google) if I cant figure it out.
It is a good program. You can also create albums. Also it is free unlimited photo and video storage. You can also access it from your computer. Can't beat free!

pjbelsch

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone gone to verizon specifically to exchange? I know people have returned i am wondering if they are doing a list or something to determine when you get your replacement.

Side note, i dont think we will havw problems getting replacements demand for this phone unfortunately will drop off now due to this issue and the iphone 7 release in a couple weeks.

jgraves1107

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Verizon is just taking them back. Don't have any to give and don't know if Samsung is sending new ones yet. That's the Verizon store rep.

PraetorianGuard14

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
Has Verizon said anything specific about the process for returning an old GN7 for a new GN7? I'm not talking about their first press release about exchanging/returning the phone generally.

Viscomi4444

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
I'm gonna try and get the silver. I've had blue coral and black onyx, it technically is an exchange and usually when you're doing an exchange it is for another phone and another color would technically be another phone.
Except that wouldnt be fair to the people who want their same color back because some other people want to try a different color. Then the carrier is out of stock of the color.

Shamshi-Adad

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Verizon is just taking them back. Don't have any to give and don't know if Samsung is sending new ones yet. That's the Verizon store rep.
I was at my local Verizon Corporate store this morning and they didn't have orders to start taking peoples Note 7 back yet for exchange regardless of whether or not they had a new one to give me. Sooooooo.... it ain't smooth sailin' yet. But at least they're not denying the U.S. recall today like they were yesterday. :p

Peace. Alan

DasWindows

Jul 9, 2016
Visit site
While I am glad that they are willing to let us exchange, return etc. I'm frustrated with all the time I've taken to customize my phone, etc. and how it was all for nothing. The note 7 was my first Android and I was just getting it to where I wanted it to be with customization, apps, etc. All the apps, screen customization, etc. I can redo (while not happy with it, it can be done). One of my main concerns are the photos/videos I've taken. Is it best to just transfer them to a SD card for the new Note 7 when I get it? All of this is still so new and foreign to me.

Samsung smart switch should completely copy design as i recall.

SarahGN

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
regardless of whether or not they had a new one to give me
Dude, look they DON'T have a fixed Note7 to give you. They aren't coming until next week.

Don't you understand that they have sent all of the Note7's back to Samsung or are in the process of doing that and they DO NOT YET HAVE THE FIXED NOTE7'S TO GIVE TO YOU.

I mean it is not magical. They can't wave a magic wand and make the fixed Note7's appear. They have to be shipped and they aren't arriving until next week.

DasWindows

Jul 9, 2016
Visit site
Gonna go to verizon just to be in que for when the new note 7's arrive. Will be holding onto mine for now and try to be as safe as possible.

Shamshi-Adad

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Dude, look they DON'T have a fixed Note7 to give you. They aren't coming until next week.

Don't you understand that they have sent all of the Note7's back to Samsung or are in the process of doing that and they DO NOT YET HAVE THE FIXED NOTE7'S TO GIVE TO YOU.

I mean it is not magical. They can't wave a magic wand and make the fixed Note7's appear. They have to be shipped and they aren't arriving until next week.

Hey simmer down, Dude. I was'nt complaining or not understanding what's going on. I merely stated the fact that the VZW Corporate Store were NOT prepared to take possession of my recalled phone yet.

Peace, PLEASE. Alan

Status
Not open for further replies.