Verizon Note Recall Thread 2.0

James Beam

Oct 11, 2016
Visit site
Nope they ain't taking em at my store. They keep telling me just to keep it and leave it off the network for a long while. They said they may not even send a box even if I keep asking. Hmmm

Well they don't seem too concerned with getting mine back either. No notifications so far telling me to send it back or else... So until that happens I will just enjoy it as a wifi device.

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I've heard that the corporate stores will actually take them back now if you want to get rid of it.

Called to ask what's up with my box and the Rep said they have no more boxes. Told me to take into a corporate store, which I did on 11/6. They said they don't give receipts or no kind of proof that you dropped off the phone. I asked the rep to notate my account, which he did. Still waiting on tax refund.

Jay Xia

Oct 16, 2016
Visit site
Has anyone actually received their refund on a 2 year contract? Purchased the replacement phone on 10/11 and tried to return my Note 7. Misinformation about boxes for 2 more weeks, before I finally got my local store to accept the return on 10/26, only to find out after it was returned that the value was zero. I was told that a refund would be issued as soon as they receive the phone at the warehouse. 14 days later, still no refund or even any notations when I log into my account. Verizon can blame Samsung all they want, but this is a Verizon issue at this point.

Nope. My note 7 is still waiting for its return box.

nicemann2

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
Has anyone actually received their refund on a 2 year contract? Purchased the replacement phone on 10/11 and tried to return my Note 7. Misinformation about boxes for 2 more weeks, before I finally got my local store to accept the return on 10/26, only to find out after it was returned that the value was zero. I was told that a refund would be issued as soon as they receive the phone at the warehouse. 14 days later, still no refund or even any notations when I log into my account. Verizon can blame Samsung all they want, but this is a Verizon issue at this point.

So after complaining for awhile about my box, got it on 10/24. Dropped it off at the UPS store on 10/25. Verizon warehouse received it on 10/28. Finally showing a refund on my account this morning for my two Note 7s for the 2 year price I paid plus tax. No other credits.

Funny how I did get a S7e and Pixel XL on the two lines several weeks ago and they still say eligible for upgrade. Says my contract goes till August 2018. Wonder what happens if I use the upgrades for a 2 year price. Does my contract go to 2020?

mickeyboat

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone gotten the $100 rebate for staying a with Samsung phone. This would have to be coordinated thru Verizon, how else would Samsung know what phone I activated to replace my Note 7? Mickeyboat

nicemann2

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
Has anyone gotten the $100 rebate for staying a with Samsung phone. This would have to be coordinated thru Verizon, how else would Samsung know what phone I activated to replace my Note 7? Mickeyboat

Nope one was changed to a S7e and the other was a Pixel XL. Have seen no credit either way. In fact I lost my initial credit of $25 per line when I did the change in phones. I did the initial exchange in store when I went from Note 7 to "safe Note 7". On the last exchange I did it over the phone. Was ticked when I saw they reversed the credit that I should have kept.

golfergirl13

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
On Nov 3rd, I received my fireproof kit and the next day I mailed it in. It has now been 10 days since I mailed it. How long does it take for them to receive it?

the block

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Went into the VZW store on 10/15 and got 2 S7 Edges. Was told a box would come in the mail and to return our Note 7's within 20 days. Tomorrow makes a month and still no boxes.

VZW has also refunded everything Note 7 related, like they never existed in our bill. I'm thinking I have 2 souvenirs to remember this fiasco by now.

I'd love to see them try and charge me for 2 recalled phones they wouldn't let me turn in to the retail store, and that they haven't sent me boxes to send back.

jgraves1107

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I am starting to think all the carriers are washing their hands of this fiasco. They won't ship a box and the store says yeah we have a box but you can't have it. Manager says keep it cuz they don't want to deal with it anymore. And wouldn't you know it he still has his. He said they haven't heard of anymore burning up and just don't think the issue is as bad as they made it. He said if I really want it gone call Samsung.

Jay Xia

Oct 16, 2016
Visit site
Nope. My note 7 is still waiting for its return box.

Update: Verizon just gave me bill credit of $641.98 for 2 note7's plus tax (2-year contract price). Therefore, I no longer care about the return boxes. In fact, I'd rather boxes would never arrive so that I can keep note 7's as mini wifi pads.

haganjeff

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
Update: Verizon just gave me bill credit of $641.98 for 2 note7's plus tax (2-year contract price). Therefore, I no longer care about the return boxes. In fact, I'd rather boxes would never arrive so that I can keep note 7's as mini wifi pads.

Wow, glad for you. I still have not received a refund on my 2 year contract pricing, fees, and tax. (Est $400) Paid the exact same for an S7 Edge on 10/11/16 and Verizon accepted my phone on 10/26/16. Have called, emailed, chatted etc. Even received a text two weeks ago saying I would see my credit soon. Every rep has abandoned me and is no longer following up. I emailed one of the executive Vp's yesterday and received an auto response that they will be in touch soon. I give them till Friday and I will be filing a Better Business Bureau complaint. Accepting a return without refunding is fraud. I have dozens of hours into this whole fiasco without resolution. Been a long time shareholder, so this is even more personal.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Wow, glad for you. I still have not received a refund on my 2 year contract pricing, fees, and tax. (Est $400) Paid the exact same for an S7 Edge on 10/11/16 and Verizon accepted my phone on 10/26/16. Have called, emailed, chatted etc. Even received a text two weeks ago saying I would see my credit soon. Every rep has abandoned me and is no longer following up. I emailed one of the executive Vp's yesterday and received an auto response that they will be in touch soon. I give them till Friday and I will be filing a Better Business Bureau complaint. Accepting a return without refunding is fraud. I have dozens of hours into this whole fiasco without resolution. Been a long time shareholder, so this is even more personal.

Sounds like what I'm going through with Tmobile. They have had my device in the "warehouse" for 1.5 months now, I returned it to the store 2 months ago! They are now doing "research" to see if I actually purchased it lol and made me send in bank statement!. They said the other day the check was approved but we will see. All I have received was a tax refund. Just today I get a bulk/chain email from tmobile thanking me for listening to the recall and returning my note 7 lol. I will probably do the same and try and attempt a dispute on my bank card as well as contact BBB the state, Feds, etc..

cwestly

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
My Note 7 was received by Verizon on 10/28. Still waiting on the refund for my 2 year contract price + tax + upgrade fee for a total of $368. Called today and the rep said she would fill out a refund escalation form and call me within 2 days on my refund status....I won't be holding my breath for the return call! Tired of wasting time on this! I feel like they are hoping some of us will give up!

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
I did end up getting a refund on the sales tax paid (original phone and the replacement phone). I have received a refund for the DP i had made and my account currently does not show a device payment. However my account also does not show as being eligible for an upgrade (i think that is because there is currently no upgrade for the note 7).

My plan is to just keep using my note 7 every day until the S8 is available.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I did end up getting a refund on the sales tax paid (original phone and the replacement phone). I have received a refund for the DP i had made and my account currently does not show a device payment. However my account also does not show as being eligible for an upgrade (i think that is because there is currently no upgrade for the note 7).

My plan is to just keep using my note 7 every day until the S8 is available.

I don't even know why they even recalled it when by the time the Note 8 is out we still might not have a refund the way it's going. Whole recall just makes me so mad for such a small number of devices when iPhone 6s has been melting down as well as iPhone 7s yet no gubermint recall on that and iphone early this year even did the same thing on a plane.

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
I don't even know why they even recalled it when by the time the Note 8 is out we still might not have a refund the way it's going. Whole recall just makes me so mad for such a small number of devices when iPhone 6s has been melting down as well as iPhone 7s yet no gubermint recall on that and iphone early this year even did the same thing on a plane.

I could not agree more, and it looks like others in the tech world are starting to come around.

Breaking News: I’m still using my Samsung Galaxy Note 7 and it hasn’t exploded! (editorial) | AndroidGuys

golfergirl13

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site

Wow. Good for you. I am still waiting for my $100 credit. I sent my Note 7 the day after I received the fireproof kit box and still NOTHING. I am starting to get pissed. Luckily I took a picture of the tracking number from the fireproof kit box and went I contacted Verizon, they had no idea what I was talking about. Do I need to contact Samsung? And if so, what is their number?