Verizon Note Recall Thread 2.0

cwestly

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
Keep pushing Verizon. I finally received an email notice that my refund was processed and I should have a check for $323 in 2-3 weeks. The rep I talked to yesterday took my tracking information and filed a what she called a "refund escalation" form. Still waiting on the $100 credit and upgrade fee refund though.

haganjeff

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
Finally received the bill credit for my Note 7. It was $329 as a 2 year contract upgrade price. Of course they did not add the $40 upgrade fee, but I was able to get that after some time on chat. Still waiting for the $100 from Samsung. They also have not changed my upgrade date back to August. Just glad to finally have my refund!

Ashly825

Nov 24, 2016
Visit site
HI all. I have just been lurking but figured I'd chime in here with my experience. My husband and I pre-ordered our n7s from Verizon and received them the day before they came out in stores. We did the first recall easily but the second one required us to purchase a new phone. Well instead of Verizon doing like Walmart or somewhere else and logging the Note in and THEN letting us purchase a new phone (so we didn't have to put tax money on another one and wait "2-3 billing cycles" to get the other tax money back)they expected us to pull money out that we just didn't have at the time so the girl told me I needed to call Samsung and see if they could help. So I did. I told the rep what was happening at Verizon (this was on 11/4) and she gave me the option to put a $900 hold on a credit card (like I'm going to trust any of them to do that at this point) or meet with Steri-Cycle. I chose Steri-Cycle. FINALLY after 3 WEEKS (it was only supposed to be 2-3 business days...)of bugging them to death the guy from Steri-Cycle called this past Tuesday (22nd)and arranged to meet me on Wednesday. Samsung gave me 2 brand new Galaxy S7 edges in my choice of silver or black(we took one of each) FREE OF CHARGE in exchange for our faulty N7s. On top of that we are also getting a check like everyone else for the incentives offered. I was not going to go back with Samsung but they kind of made it hard to resist lol. So far the payments we made have been credited, our agreement has been deleted and our upgrade status is back where it should be. They are all but refusing to give me my tax money back, even with proof that I no longer have the N7 (isn't that illegal?). I just thought I'd share to let you know that calling Samsung may be a great idea.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
HI all. I have just been lurking but figured I'd chime in here with my experience. My husband and I pre-ordered our n7s from Verizon and received them the day before they came out in stores. We did the first recall easily but the second one required us to purchase a new phone. Well instead of Verizon doing like Walmart or somewhere else and logging the Note in and THEN letting us purchase a new phone (so we didn't have to put tax money on another one and wait "2-3 billing cycles" to get the other tax money back)they expected us to pull money out that we just didn't have at the time so the girl told me I needed to call Samsung and see if they could help. So I did. I told the rep what was happening at Verizon (this was on 11/4) and she gave me the option to put a $900 hold on a credit card (like I'm going to trust any of them to do that at this point) or meet with Steri-Cycle. I chose Steri-Cycle. FINALLY after 3 WEEKS (it was only supposed to be 2-3 business days...)of bugging them to death the guy from Steri-Cycle called this past Tuesday (22nd)and arranged to meet me on Wednesday. Samsung gave me 2 brand new Galaxy S7 edges in my choice of silver or black(we took one of each) FREE OF CHARGE in exchange for our faulty N7s. On top of that we are also getting a check like everyone else for the incentives offered. I was not going to go back with Samsung but they kind of made it hard to resist lol. So far the payments we made have been credited, our agreement has been deleted and our upgrade status is back where it should be. They are all but refusing to give me my tax money back, even with proof that I no longer have the N7 (isn't that illegal?). I just thought I'd share to let you know that calling Samsung may be a great idea.

That is what Tmobile basically did. Made me purchase an S7 Edge instead of simply exchanging the Note 7 for teh Edge. Probably so the store gets credit for a sale. So I paid for two phones and only have ONE in my possession.

Ashly825

Nov 24, 2016
Visit site
That is what Tmobile basically did. Made me purchase an S7 Edge instead of simply exchanging the Note 7 for teh Edge. Probably so the store gets credit for a sale. So I paid for two phones and only have ONE in my possession.

No Verizon wouldn't help me so I called Samsung and they GAVE me 2 edges to replace the n7s. They were free. I didn't have to pay a dime for them. I'm sorry that you got a bad deal though. You should give Samsung a call. I had Tmobile a couple of years ago and was with them barely a year because they were TERRIBLE.

Jay Xia

Oct 16, 2016
Visit site
No Verizon wouldn't help me so I called Samsung and they GAVE me 2 edges to replace the n7s. They were free. I didn't have to pay a dime for them. I'm sorry that you got a bad deal though. You should give Samsung a call. I had Tmobile a couple of years ago and was with them barely a year because they were TERRIBLE.

Did you pay full price for the note 7? Your case might be different, as most of us didn't pay full price. Thank you all the same for sharing the experience.

Ashly825

Nov 24, 2016
Visit site
Did you pay full price for the note 7? Your case might be different, as most of us didn't pay full price. Thank you all the same for sharing the experience.

No I didn't. I signed up to pay monthly with Verizon. That's why I was so ecstatic. I got 2 edges free of charge (trust me, to begin with I was very skeptical). And they are sending me a check for the price difference between the two phones(n7 and S7 edge), the incentives and the accessories(again, I asked her several times if this was correct because I didn't buy the phone outright and she said yes. They were trying to compensate me for the inconvenience). Of course it will be goodness knows when before I get that because I just met with the Steri-Cycle guy on Wednesday and he said it would take at least a week before the phones got back to Samsung.

shrxwin

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
My Note 7 journey will come to a close when I get to the ATM today to deposit the refund check from Verizon. for my own sake I am putting down my notes, feel free to scroll past!

--Preordered early August for 8/19 delivery - paid full price since i had no upgrade available but wanted the phone
--Switched to my Note 2 when first "shut down" order came, including visit to store to get a working SIM for old phone (my prior phone was already in use on our other line due to the other phone taking a dip in the ocean)
--Stopped by the store on Tuesday 9/20 and they had received approved stock, so I was able to get setup on my replacement N7 (had to do online chat later to get my $25 nuisance credit)
--Switched back to my Note 2 when the second "shut down" order came (and eventually bought Amazon Moto G4 Play and G4 (not play), total for two unlocked contract free phones = $220 hahaha)
--reached out via 611, online chat, store 1-2 times per week for 3+ weeks asking for my box
--box arrived 11/7, UPS delivered my replacement N7 to Ft Worth TX on 11/11
--Verizon emailed acknowledging receipt of box on 11/17 saying they would send a check in 2-3 weeks
--CHECK ARRIVED 11/28

So over three months of being out $915 bucks for a total of about 3 weeks of phone use and so far just $25 in "oh sorry" money. I didn't even get an extra fast charging plug or USB-C cord out of it since they wouldn't give me the box when i exchanged my phone (since I didn't have the box with me).

Lesson learned - no more pre-order at full price for me...

Good Luck to you all! Clarice

nicemann2

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
Has anyone received their $25 or $100 credit for exchanging the phones? I got my credit for the return of the Note 7 but no additional credit for the exchange. One was to a Pixel XL and one was to the S7 Edge. Sad thing is when I exchanged the phones for the "safe" version they added the $25 per line credit but when I did they exchange they removed that credit. Haven't gotten anything back yet.

timmo

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone received their $25 or $100 credit for exchanging the phones? I got my credit for the return of the Note 7 but no additional credit for the exchange. One was to a Pixel XL and one was to the S7 Edge. Sad thing is when I exchanged the phones for the "safe" version they added the $25 per line credit but when I did they exchange they removed that credit. Haven't gotten anything back yet.

Not yet - I called Verizon a few days ago about it and they connected me to Samsung, who said they will be applying the $25 credit to my Verizon bill in 2-3 months. He took down my name, address, and asked what phone I exchanged for (LG V20). Kinda strange.

Jay Xia

Oct 16, 2016
Visit site

I just got notification that $200 for 2 note7's was credited to my next Verizon bill. Both were downgraded to S7 Edge. Now the only missing part is the downgrade fee Verizon promised to refund.

haganjeff

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
Got mine 5 days after I complained to a Verizon rep and they gave it to me as well.. Double the credit!!.. Deserve if after all I went through trying to get my phone refunded.

mickeyboat

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
I finally got my $100 credit for sticking with Samsung after the Note 7 fiasco. That closes the chapter on a bad situation. My credit came in a credit to my bill due 1/7/17 which was paid day after Christmas. I kept close tally on the situation. I got everything I spent on the Note 7 including all the Wa taxes. Interesting since my billing address was in Wa and I purchased my new S 7 Edge in Az, I was not charged sales tax on my new S 7 Edge (as the store had no way to charge Wa sales tax) , so that was like another little bonus. The only problem I had along the way was ordering a replacement phone to be delivered to an address different than my billing address 1500 miles away. Gave up on phone order and internet order after spending a whole day with zero correct results. I really like the S 7 Edge. It actually seems a better size than the Note. I do miss the pen sometimes tho.

Syounger64

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Went through similar drama and finally settled in with the galaxy s7e which I've grown to really like. Note 7 "victims" like us are eligible for a s8? I'm liking what I'm seeing so far of this new device.
Happy new year to all!

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
I've been waiting for verizon to send me another special box(when i say another it's because they sent me one for the original note7 for the 1st recall) for my replacement note7. Its been sitting here turned completely off with no service since I got my lg v20 a couple months ago. I've called verizon 3 times since then and they said each time they have sent it but nothing has came. So I'm thinking about calling samsung to see if I can just send it back to them directly.

dillon24

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
I received a box in the mail today that I didn't ask for? I'm keeping this thing until it doesn't work anymore or they finally try to make me pay for it. Best free phone ever going on 6 months now. Not downloading the update so I'll keep going until the note 8 comes out I guess

Allnicksgone

Sep 1, 2016
Visit site
I received a box in the mail today that I didn't ask for? I'm keeping this thing until it doesn't work anymore or they finally try to make me pay for it. Best free phone ever going on 6 months now. Not downloading the update so I'll keep going until the note 8 comes out I guess
I got two return boxes delivered to me this week, and I only have one note 7.

I'm still waiting for my replacement, the pixel xl, to be shipped to me before I return it.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
I know verizon is bout to get an ear fool in a bit. I been trying to get a box from them for months now and they keep telling me it on the way and now they send me an email saying i need to send note7 back within 5 days to avoid being charging for up to the retail cost of the phone. I'm like seriously. You need up and i have to pay. Can't wait til my contract up.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter