Verizon Pixel 6 Ultra Wideband indicator?

Taylor Bird

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Actually, I was getting VZW Ultrawide Band at the Orange County Airport last month. There was a "UW" next to the signal bars.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Actually, I was getting VZW Ultrawide Band at the Orange County Airport last month. There was a "UW" next to the signal bars.
I think he's referring to the C-band part of UW band as it has been said that an update is needed to access those bands.

Davidoo

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Yes, they will show a U over the W after the 5G. It is true that they haven't rolled out the update for us Pixel users to get the C-band version yet, but the mmWave does work great as I was by the Arizona Cardinals stadium recently and the 5GUW showed on my status bar and speedtest was over 2,800 mb/sec. Absolutely ridiculous Verizon hasn't figured out how to "certify" the Pixel 6's for the C-band yet. They've have almost 5 months since release to get it done.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Yes, they will show a U over the W after the 5G. It is true that they haven't rolled out the update for us Pixel users to get the C-band version yet, but the mmWave does work great as I was by the Arizona Cardinals stadium recently and the 5GUW showed on my status bar and speedtest was over 2,800 mb/sec. Absolutely ridiculous Verizon hasn't figured out how to "certify" the Pixel 6's for the C-band yet. They've have almost 5 months since release to get it done.

Nothing seems to work as well as it used to pre-pandemic... it seems like work doesn't seem to matter to a lot of folks anymore :eek: I guess they're focusing more on prepping for the end of times lol.

That reminds me I need to get that ammo order in tomorrow ;)

Davidoo

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I decided to start a conversation with Verizon on Facebook about the lack of C-band on the Pixel 6 and Pro. It was like talking to a wall. All they did was keep resounding that there was no problem and the 6 was compatible and I should be getting C-band and I must not be near a tower. At least 5 times I responded that I know it is compatible but you haven't certified it yet. They then repeated the same thing about it being compatible and working as designed and was there anything else I needed. Just sad that we know more than they do.

drvier8

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Just sad that we know more than they do.

That has been my experience with Verizon for a long time (a lot of other tech support folks also). I always try to escalate to Tier 2 support if I can because I will have already tried all the basic fixes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumbbunny