Verizon preorders start June 6

brewzer

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Here's my dilemma. I am currently on Sprint but I am fed up with their POS 3G. I live in an area with Verizon LTE and so I am going to switch providers. I want the Samsung G3 and I am going to pay my ETF on Sprint (only $60) to switch.

The problem is I can't preorder right now right now obviously since i don't have VZW service currently. Do you think they will have enough inventory when they are released so I can just walk in to a store and pick one up when I start my account?

Last edited:

angiebugg

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
When you preorder a phone, do they charge the account when it ships or when you order? I don't want to pay for it until I see it ship. Thanks!

socal

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
When you preorder a phone, do they charge the account when it ships or when you order? I don't want to pay for it until I see it ship. Thanks!

Just spoke with Verizon sales and they said they will only charge you when the phone ships, not when you order.

Update: Just called and spoke to another sales rep, asking about their policy on cancelling before the phone ships, and was told that VZW charges you when the pre-order is placed.
I tend to think the first rep is correct, getting billed when it ships, but I have no experience to base that off of.
Guess I'll find out tomorrow morning.

Last edited:
Reactions: angiebugg

mikesmith

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site

Most online preorders (not just VZ or for phones) will place a hold on your credit card for the amount and then actually charge you when the product ships.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
So will they close pre-orders at some point? If I want to pre-order on Thursday am I going to be SOL?

I am sure they will take preorders up until the day before it is released. You should be fine ordering Thursday. I wish they would have announced a release. I am hesitant to preorder for something with no release date.

kpantz

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Can you pre-order and later cancel? I'm leaning towards buying this phone but would still like to research a bit more about features, shared data, etc. I'm a grandfathered unlimited customer on an original DInc and would like to keep that, with unlimited data, as a fallback in case I decide to cancel the pre-order or perhaps even try the SIII and return it.

9ks2k

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Finally! See yah HTC Droid Incredible, it's been real...sleep well!

hahaa yeah after my lcd broke 2 times i went with the nexus sat but then all of a sudden i hear about the S3. Glad to know the idiots at verizon didnt mention anything about it. gn is nice but with radio issues with 4g change over i think i may just skip over to gs3

Aesopbx

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I just pre-ordered SGSIII pebble blue and it let me keep the unlimited data plan that I already had, took a screen shot of the receipt just to be sure.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hunterm2