Amazon and Pixel 6

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Although I've been a loyal customer of Verizon for 20 years, our relationship with their Company Store has soured substantially. My wife and I both have phones bought from them and our Carrier is Verizon.
I have a Pixel 6 that I love and she must replace her LG 8300 by 1/1/2023.. She's interested in the Jitterbug. I'm tying to talk her into the Pixel 6 line. I've noticed that Amazon has the Pixel 6 for $369.
What are the differences in buying from Verizon vs Amazon besides cost. Your thoughts and recommendations are welcome. Thanks

Sent from my Pixel 6 using AC Forums mobile app

ras47

Mar 21, 2021
Visit site
Usually it comes down to financing and future upgrade deals. With the Pixel lineup you skip the ISP-branded bloatware that traditionally came with a Carrier-branded phone. There is no difference in phones now. It's all about the price these days.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The major possible difference could be lack of mmWave 5G antenna. The Verizon variant does have mmWave, while the unlocked variant does not. This only matters if you care about mmWave 5G (which is available mostly in metro areas) -- it's really fast, but doesn't have good range and gets physically blocked easily. Verizon has other kinds of 5G that aren't as fast, but will work with the unlocked Pixel 6.

diesel97

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
Although I've been a loyal customer of Verizon for 20 years, our relationship with their Company Store has soured substantially. My wife and I both have phones bought from them and our Carrier is Verizon.
I have a Pixel 6 that I love and she must replace her LG 8300 by 1/1/2023.. She's interested in the Jitterbug. I'm tying to talk her into the Pixel 6 line. I've noticed that Amazon has the Pixel 6 for $369.
What are the differences in buying from Verizon vs Amazon besides cost. Your thoughts and recommendations are welcome. Thanks

Sent from my Pixel 6 using AC Forums mobile app

Check Best Buy out they had the Pixel 6 $299

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
One of the differences I've not seen mentioned is the activation process. You will leave the VZ store with an operating phone, while Amazon is totally on you. Self-activation is supposed to be simple, but you never know.

drvier8

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I had the Droid Maxx way back in the day from Verizon and got a SIM with it. I then bought a Nexus 5x, Pixel 2, Pixel 4, and my current Pixel 6 directly from Googles (so unlocked) and have just moved that SIM from one phone to the next.

Never had to call anyone or go to the store. Verizon account online/in app always knows what phone i'm using. YMMV

Reactions: rvbfan

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I had the Droid Maxx way back in the day from Verizon and got a SIM with it. I then bought a Nexus 5x, Pixel 2, Pixel 4, and my current Pixel 6 directly from Googles (so unlocked) and have just moved that SIM from one phone to the next.

Never had to call anyone or go to the store. Verizon account online/in app always knows what phone i'm using. YMMV

Yep I love my physical SIM cards... been using the same card since my Moto X Pure Edition on AT&T problem free. I doubt it'll be that easy when everything goes ESIM :eek: