Verizon Rooting Success Stories!

ne_stew

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I know rooting has nothing to do with the Verizon network and yes it has been said already the Nexus 6 can be rooted.
So, again what's the easiest way to find a listing of Verizon exploits? Still searching...

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I know rooting has nothing to do with the Verizon network and yes it has been said already the Nexus 6 can be rooted.
So, again what's the easiest way to find a listing of Verizon exploits? Still searching...

What do you mean by "Verizon exploits" Every nexus 6 is the same phone, regardless of carrier. The Verizon branded N6 can be rooted using the same methods as one bought thru google play or motorola

UDPGuy

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
Seriously considering the Nexus 6, see:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/verizon/550069-should-i-get-samsung-galaxy-jt-j1-vs-motorola-e.html

But before I buy, looking for other rooting success stories on Verizon, preferably the cheaper, the better and prefer to keep to the current market of smarts offered by Verizon. I know there are others :)

TIA

Straight Android never stopped you from rooting. That was always the carriers. All Nexus 6's are the same. So nothing specific to Verizon

Posted via Nexus 6 with unlimited international data via AT&T

ne_stew

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
Guess I'm not only a noobie but perhaps a bit lazy, I find it very time consuming digging out the "story" by phone model and carrier, even on XDA. A summary would be nice, i.e. (example only)

AT&T US Cellular Verizon
Root Root Root ...

Google Nexus 6 Y Y Y
LG Optimus Exceed 2 N N Y
Motorola E Y N N
Samsung Galaxy J1 Y N Y

By exploits, I meant rooting given manufacturer and carrier limitations to secure against the root. If anyone has experience with any of the above models ON Verizon, it would be great. Who carries the straightest Android from Motorola, LG and Google?

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
A Nexus 6 is a nexus 6, regardless of carrier branding or where you bought it. that's the beauty of the Nexus. Verizon has no say in stopping you from unlocking the boot loader and rooting the phone. adb oem unlock, and your on your way. :)

ne_stew

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
Thanks, well I'm treading new water with rooting, I'll forego the Nexus for now. Picked up a cheap LG Optimus Exceed 2, in time will give it a try with Verizon, I found the closest hits with it re. rooting on the models above excluding the Nexus...

ne_stew

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
FYI - hardware issues with the Optimus Exceed 2, switched to a LG Transpyre VS810PP on Verizon. Now to the rooting... any experience or links out there?

TIA

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rigby