Verizon S3: How to get back to previous version and radios

nyry

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Re: How to get back to previous version and radios

Still no dice thanks for the help though.

Dang :/ Bring it back to Verizon? You didnt do anything to void the warrantee because all you did was attempted to put an official unmodified version of jellybean on your phone because it wasnt working with the new update

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site

Dang :/ Bring it back to Verizon? You didnt do anything to void the warrantee because all you did was attempted to put an official unmodified version of jellybean on your phone because it wasnt working with the new update

My understanding is that once your phone is rooted the warranty is void. The reason for rooting is not a factor in voiding the warranty.

offineer#AC

May 28, 2011
Visit site

I just completed the downgrade to the previous version (MB1) on my non-rooted S3. I've never been one to tinker with my phone, so I was worried about scewing something up, but it couldn't have been any easier. Took a while to download the firmware, but other than that, it was hassle free.

Instructions are here

DroidViews | How to Install Android 4.1.1/4.1.2 Jelly Bean Stock Firmware on Galaxy S3

Firmware download is here

Hotfile.com: One click file hosting: Samsung-Updates.com-SCH-I535-VZW-I535VRBMB1-1360821900.zip

Completed this process with both mine and my wife's SGS3! And we are back to a working phone... no problems with applying MB1. Very happy! Thanks.

nyry

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site

My understanding is that once your phone is rooted the warranty is void. The reason for rooting is not a factor in voiding the warranty.

You dont need to root to rollback your software version as long as the software version isnt modified

Kim Giroux

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site

Wow. I finally found a forum that gives you the step by step on how to download Odin after so many forums that I have searched for. I am afraid that if I do this, my phone would damage by loosing all data and the phone will not turn back on but since it is not a virus, that cannot happen right? I purchased my phone on May 25th and the update rolled out on June 1st. It didn't start affecting my phone until the middle of last week. I read some forums to fix the problem but it only helped a little. Then going into work, I lose all internet and phone service. I figured its the building I am in and since our office will be moving in three weeks, no biggie. Then my husband called me at home last night and I realized that my phone service is affected within a building. Spoke to a VZN rep last night and after 30 mins of complaining, the tech finally said I could go to an actual VZN store and replace for a new one. Not a refurbished phone seeing that my phone is still brand new! Went today and the clerk said it can't be done and to call Samsung! If I do go through the process of reverting back to the default setting, will it void my warranty that I paid for? It wouldn't affect anything on record whatsoever right? I'm so nervous to try this.

Kim Giroux

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site

Oh yeah, the store I went to was a third party VZN store and the guy behind the counter tried to revert my phone back to default by entering a code in my phone. Anyone heard about that?

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yeah, the store I went to was a third party VZN store and the guy behind the counter tried to revert my phone back to default by entering a code in my phone. Anyone heard about that?

Darkcloud_55

May 30, 2011
Visit site

Read the 4th post in this thread by jmz768 and in 8 simple steps you will have your phone rolled back to previous MB1 version, and will have a fully working phone again

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

There is no way putting a code into the phone would restore the old system, it's gone.

hirshey21

May 8, 2013
Visit site

I just completed the downgrade to the previous version (MB1) on my non-rooted S3. I've never been one to tinker with my phone, so I was worried about scewing something up, but it couldn't have been any easier. Took a while to download the firmware, but other than that, it was hassle free.

Instructions are here

DroidViews | How to Install Android 4.1.1/4.1.2 Jelly Bean Stock Firmware on Galaxy S3

Firmware download is here

Hotfile.com: One click file hosting: Samsung-Updates.com-SCH-I535-VZW-I535VRBMB1-1360821900.zip

Thank you so much!

Posted via Android Central App

Davidoo

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site

I may have some time this week to use the process many are using to roll back to the MB1 version (I'm not rooted). One question though, I "assume" when VZW gets off their butts and sends out a fix for the problems they caused, would our phones get the update the same as everyone else? I'm assuming yes, since there is no root and the phone will just look like it never got the crappy update. Reason I ask is I do like some of the features such as multi window, but not enough to sacrifice how great the phone worked before this update.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

The question might be, why would you want it, unless you like the bloat they added? Seems best to roll back and never take an update from them again. The device is a year old and rmb1 was a proven and stable firmware.

The multi screen, suite and caller ID junk to name a few were not needed by me, so no more for me.

Still not seeing the point of multi screen on a small display. Even a 7" it would be to small to have function for me. Would be nice for a bigger tablet and more powerful chipset.

nyry

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site

I may have some time this week to use the process many are using to roll back to the MB1 version (I'm not rooted). One question though, I "assume" when VZW gets off their butts and sends out a fix for the problems they caused, would our phones get the update the same as everyone else? I'm assuming yes, since there is no root and the phone will just look like it never got the crappy update. Reason I ask is I do like some of the features such as multi window, but not enough to sacrifice how great the phone worked before this update.

The short answer to your question would be yes.

It wouldn't be any different than a person who has the newer JB version with multi window, your phone would still get the newer update as if you just tried to stop your phone from updating to the multi window update (which has now been pulled)

Davidoo

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site

The question might be, why would you want it, unless you like the bloat they added? Seems best to roll back and never take an update from them again. The device is a year old and rmb1 was a proven and stable firmware.

The multi screen, suite and caller ID junk to name a few were not needed by me, so no more for me.

Still not seeing the point of multi screen on a small display. Even a 7" it would be to small to have function for me. Would be nice for a bigger tablet and more powerful chipset.

Good point rushmore. I would probably just keep it at MB1.

tmitche2

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site

I want to throw in my many millions of thanks for all the help and ease it was to roll my phone back. I'm happy again, now to just go home and take care of the wife's tonight.

Dnoravian

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site

same here. thanks guys. that was simple enough and my phone is now back to normal. Verizon and Samsung really screwed up

nickf126

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site

I was hoping that someone who flashed back to the previous stock build successful could help me out.
I followed the directions to the letter, but I keep getting a Fail on the Odin screen. I tried downloading the firmware from the link a total of 3 times with the same results.
My phone shows up on com 3 instead of com7 like in the tutorial. I am also not rooted. Do either of these things matter? Thanks for any help you guys can provide.

handwerk79

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site

i just got done getting a refurb phone sent to me. if it takes them sending out thousands of phones to replace the messed up ones, thats what they get for making a S*#t update without looking into it

trivor

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

Worked like a champ - the hardest part was getting the system files from Hotfiles. The step by step instructions were easy and worked great and I'm now back to full up LTE. Thanks to the Droidnews guys.

nyry

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site

I was hoping that someone who flashed back to the previous stock build successful could help me out.
I followed the directions to the letter, but I keep getting a Fail on the Odin screen. I tried downloading the firmware from the link a total of 3 times with the same results.
My phone shows up on com 3 instead of com7 like in the tutorial. I am also not rooted. Do either of these things matter? Thanks for any help you guys can provide.

Being rooted doesn't matter, did you plug your USB cable into one of the back USB ports on your comp? Sometimes the front usb ports are unreliable because they aren't seated on the motherboard itself like the ones in the back of the computer are