Verizon S7/S7 Edge tramp stamp

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
I remember the note 2 had a big v on the home key lol that was something

Posted via the Android Central App

I have a Note 2 sitting in front of me right now. It's just not a V, it also has Verizon written on it.

Verizon-Galaxy-Note-2-Bootloader-Unlocked.jpg

Erick47

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
Thanks everyone for answering the thread. Good to know the branding is smaller.

Posted via the Android Central App

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I don't understand the hatred of the Verizon tramp stamp. It's really not that big of a deal, tbh.
Why there hell there should be that ugly Verizon logo? No need it's like free advertisement to the useless carrier on top of paying them every month. And on top that there is no option to buy an unbranded version for people who care about this stuff.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Why there hell there should be that ugly Verizon logo? No need it's like free advertisement to the useless carrier on top of paying them every month. And on top that there is no option to buy an unbranded version for people who care about this stuff.

It is free advertising but as I said previously .. How is it different from your car and other things that you pay for that have their logos on their merchandise as well?

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
It is free advertising but as I said previously .. How is it different from your car and other things that you pay for that have their logos on their merchandise as well?

The manufacturer, I can stand. If some dealership decided to slap on their logos on my brand spanking new car, I'm kicking someone in the balls. HARD.

I'm also one of those people that avoid clothing with big logos or brand names plastered all over it.

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site

I'm sorry. I can't find myself to care enough about this.

BTW, I hope you don't buy clothes with name brands stitched all over them, cars with logos, or anything else with any kind of branding on it.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Let's say I buy a Mercedes and how do you feel if the dealer stamps a non removable logo next to that Mercedes?

I'm OK with the manufacturer stamp but not with the carrier who has no business with the hardware and is just a dumb pipe. They just want to show they are relevant, Apple is the only one who knows how to treat the carriers.

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Apple is the only one who knows how to treat the carriers.

The funny thing about my iPhone 6s Plus is that every case I have for it has a cutout so you can see the Apple logo while the phone is in the case. Just in case we all forget we're carrying iPhones. Or something.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
The funny thing about my iPhone 6s Plus is that every case I have for it has a cutout so you can see the Apple logo while the phone is in the case. Just in case we all forget we're carrying iPhones. Or something.
Well buy a different case. That's nothing to do with a carrier logo, Apple is the one making the phone and have no issues sporting an Apple, Samsung, HTC or whatever logo because they make the phone.

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Well buy a different case. That's nothing to do with a carrier logo, Apple is the one making the phone and have no issues sporting an Apple, Samsung, HTC or whatever logo because they make the phone.

Ok. So designer logo = okay but carrier logo, which will most likely be hidden behind a case = a no-no?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Let's say I buy a Mercedes and how do you feel if the dealer stamps a non removable logo next to that Mercedes?

I wouldn't really care -- and they practically do this. You can technically remove the Mercedes marking from the vehicle just like you can from the phone -- it just isn't super easy.

Everyone has a preference which is fine. I was just asking to hear the thoughts from someone who hates / minds the logo since I have a different mind set when it comes to that.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't really care -- and they practically do this. You can technically remove the Mercedes marking from the vehicle just like you can from the phone -- it just isn't super easy.

Everyone has a preference which is fine. I was just asking to hear the thoughts from someone who hates / minds the logo since I have a different mind set when it comes to that.
Yeah agree every one has different preference, tastes, tolerance levels. Someone is not wrong for hating the logo, same for someone who doesn't mind. We are just expressing our opinions.

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site

My preference is you hand over one of those lightsabers already.