Verizon samsung galaxy s6 wifi connectivity issues.

A

AC Question

I just got the galaxy s6 two days ago and I am already having wifi issues. The phone tells me that the signal is very strong but it cannot load pages and tabs keep crashing. I have to turn off wifi and then turn it back on multiple times to fix the issue. After about 15 minutes it goes right back and continues with the same issue. I know this is not a modem or router issue because all of my other devices are connected and have no issues of loading anything work perfect. Just posting to see if anybody else has this same issue. Please keep me informed if you have found a fix. Thank you!

Mildew23

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site
This was the solution that worked for me (S6 on verizon):

Based on what you've said there's a good chance your issue is related to the bugged Android System Webview update. Could you look under App Manager > All and see if you're running version 37 or 42?
If it's 42 try rolling back to v37 by uninstalling it from either the app manager or play store. The newest version has been giving a lot of people issues."

Click path:
Setup> Apps> All Apps> Android System Webview> Uninstall Updates

skirby123

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
I am so upset about this phone. Verizon offers no useful help either. As you will see by my following question, I am NOT technically inclined! If I manage to figure out how to even find the settings for my rounter, will this fix only help when using my home wifi network? Will it work even when I'm on public wifi networks, like at restaurants, for example?

briannamarie91

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
Sounds like verizon will roll out with an update to fix the issuem . I have a verizon s6 and have not noticed any issues however I did have a verizon update a few days ago. Maybe they already released it. Give it a few weeks. It's not a hardware issue and to be honest if it's not this on the s6 it's another software problem on another phone. It happens. It's frustrating but I'm sure it'll be fixed. Keep me updated.

mr_datz

May 18, 2015
Visit site
Last night I rolled back my webview application back to 37. It worked ovetnight and for half the day before I left the house and when I got back I was having the same issues again with it being connected to my modem but it not working.

Jack Doll

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
I found the problem for me was power saving and ivp6, I did some research and comcast was having problems with lollipop and ivp6 so I downloaded dnset and it disabled ivp6 and I turned off power saving and it works fine

Shelly Flanders

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
MOVE YOUR ROUTER! I had this issue too. I upgraded from S5 to S6 and could barely use wifi at home with S6. I scoured the Internet and tried everything even a factory reset. Nothing worked. I then read about improving wifi. I moved my comcast router from the shelf under my TV to a bookcase higher beside it. That did the trick. The S6 is working great now. I wish it wasn't so finicky about the wifi though. I love the S6 but one advantage the S5 has is that it wasn't so as touchy when it came to wifi connection.

Maheer De Ruyter1

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site
I just got the galaxy s6 two days ago and I am already having wifi issues. The phone tells me that the signal is very strong but it cannot load pages and tabs keep crashing. I have to turn off wifi and then turn it back on multiple times to fix the issue. After about 15 minutes it goes right back and continues with the same issue. I know this is not a modem or router issue because all of my other devices are connected and have no issues of loading anything work perfect. Just posting to see if anybody else has this same issue. Please keep me informed if you have found a fix. Thank you!

Did you go to wifi and check this setting.. It's called "Keep wifi on during sleep" I use to have the same issue till I changed the setting to never!!

Kareem Kamel

Jan 25, 2016
Visit site
I'm on T-Mobile but have been having the same issues, I seem to have found a fix that has been working so far. Try this if turning off smart network switch doesn't work (that didn't work for me)

1. Open your phone dialer
2. Enter *#0011#
3. Select more (top right)
4. Select WiFi
5. Turn off WiFi power save mode(enabled by default)
6. Exit and hopefully your WiFi connectivity issues will no longer be a problem.

Hope I was able to help some of you out.

Posted via the Android Central App

Thank you so much
This worked perfectly for me.

Hal Batross

Mar 7, 2016
Visit site
Problem: Frequently losing wifi while gaming/browsing for 10-15 seconds before it self-corrected.

Solution: Turning off access point (AP) mode on my router (wired to another router). My routers are Netgear WNR2000v5. Wifi problems have completely resolved.

If unlike me you only have one router (and a modem), your router may still have defaulted to AP mode if your modem is a dual modem/router, so don't assume this fix isn't relevant to you!

Lee Maples

Sep 19, 2016
Visit site
Nobody has given the resolution to this issue, that has been going on with the Galaxy S5. The phone shows wifi solid bars (both up & down), for over 1 min, which isn't what the wif I bars normally do, when running properly. I resolved this issue with my Galaxy S5, yet I am unable to correct this issue on the Galaxy S6. I've made changes to my router, to no avail. Does anyone have any idea what I'm speaking of or have the resolution??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Enid