Verizon 'significantly altering' unlimited data?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
If you really want to know file a complaint to the fcc complaining about how Verizon is terminating your service due to high data usage , Verizon will confirm whether or not you are being cancelled august 31st.

UDPGuy

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
So I might be safe as long as I'm not using a hotspot? I really wish I could just know. This next month is going to be stressful.

Are you in contract? Of they do, file with the FCC! Don't let them bully you! But from the looks of it, if you're under 300gb you should be good.

Posted via the Android Central App

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Are you in contract? Of they do, file with the FCC! Don't let them bully you! But from the looks of it, if you're under 300gb you should be good.

Posted via the Android Central App

If in contact -- yes. If not in contract I still suggest filing but at the same time they don't owe the plan to him so it becomes a tougher battle.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
If in contact -- yes. If not in contract I still suggest filing but at the same time they don't owe the plan to him so it becomes a tougher battle.
This should only have affected those out of contract. There were some in contract who got the letter by mistake but they were able to contact Verizon who was able to explain it as such.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
For a while not being in contract was a relief now it has become a burden lol

Yeah I never got the "no contract" thing. To me .. if you knew you were going to stay with a company for X amount of time and they were giving you a deal to sing .. Why not?

raino

Q&A Team
Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I never got the "no contract" thing. To me .. if you knew you were going to stay with a company for X amount of time and they were giving you a deal to sing .. Why not?

And, the $350 ETF was much more manageable than what phones sold for. The service may have been expensive, yes, but you did use it all those months.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I don't get it either. But, then some will also jump ship at the drop of a hat like to get a diff phone exclusive to some other provider. I'm not currently in contract, but when something comes along I like I'd not have any qualms about renewing. Where else am I going to go? A lesser coverage network? Not. My bill would most likely be more anyplace else anyway.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I don't get it either. But, then some will also jump ship at the drop of a hat like to get a diff phone exclusive to some other provider. I'm not currently in contract, but when something comes along I like I'd not have any qualms about renewing. Where else am I going to go? A lesser coverage network? Not. My bill would most likely be more anyplace else anyway.

Yeah I am in the same boat with T-Mobile. My bill is super low and all unlimited so it makes it hard for me to go anywhere (T-Mobile ties Verizon for my area so it is good coverage / usage).

yeahizme

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
That would be just about enough data for me to go through in.....2 days lol...I really need to get my data habits under control for real...I'm out of control lol

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
That would be just about enough data for me to go through in.....2 days lol...I really need to get my data habits under control for real...I'm out of control lol

Well mine is strictly mobile usage (I don't tether much). I have home internet but still don't use what you do haha. I average around 300-500 GB a month on my Comcast connection. It is just me though that uses it. The gf doesn't stream much she mainly watches actual TV.

yeahizme

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
My just phone usage is around 200 GB a month and my mobile hotspot use is about 700 GB per month. It's amazing how much data I use on my mobile hotspot...I let my little brother use the hotspot for his ps3 , and my mom uses it to watch Netflix all day on her ipad and laptop, and even my niece uses it from time to time to connect to her smart tv. But I don't feel bad bc before I added the hotspot back in 2013, I called in to Verizon to complain about my internet connection and the rep suggested that I add the mobile hotspot feature to my plan.....so now that I have, Verizon wants to say I use too much data lol...unreal

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawrick