Verizon: The All-New HTC One (M8)

ErnstMach

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Re: Verizon: The All-New HTC One

Valid question and Raptor gave a valid answer.

HTC probably has market research that shows that the design is more important to potential customers than a removable battery. Plus the battery is in between the screen and motherboard on the old HTC One. They might not change that for the new HTC One.

They also found that the battery could be bigger if sealed inside. Personally, I'd rather have better battery life than the ability to swap out.

Posted via Android Central App

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

They also found that the battery could be bigger if sealed inside. Personally, I'd rather have better battery life than the ability to swap out.

Posted via Android Central App

Goes both ways though. A year in, the battery may not hold a charge as well as it did when you first got it. Prior to my Moto X, I always bought a new battery at around the 12 month mark to keep things fresh.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

Goes both ways though. A year in, the battery may not hold a charge as well as it did when you first got it. Prior to my Moto X, I always bought a new battery at around the 12 month mark to keep things fresh.

Yep, I agree. Eventually the battery will wear down - and who is gonna replace it?

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site

I like having this option! :)

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site

Yep, I agree. Eventually the battery will wear down - and who is gonna replace it?

Correct and when it continues to degrade and hold less and less charge you are out of luck. You get a new phone just because the battery won't hold a charge. Do you replace your car because the battery is dead, no you put a new battery in the car because you can.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

Correct and when it continues to degrade and hold less and less charge you are out of luck. You get a new phone just because the battery won't hold a charge. Do you replace your car because the battery is dead, no you put a new battery in the car because you can.

Have any idea on what the process is now to replace the battery in the One? I know there are end user tutorials for the Iphone and it's doable. Just wondering what the "shelf life" is for these batteries. I know it will vary from one person to the next, but there should be some sort of re-charge figure.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site

The problem is they are not meant to be user replaceable, I would suspect HTC repair center would be the answer yet sending your phone out and waiting a week or more is just too much for me.

James E1

Trusted Member
Mar 18, 2013
Visit site

Have any idea on what the process is now to replace the battery in the One? I know there are end user tutorials for the Iphone and it's doable. Just wondering what the "shelf life" is for these batteries. I know it will vary from one person to the next, but there should be some sort of re-charge figure.

Don't know if this is true or not but I read that the batteries are designed for about 500 full recharges before the battery starts to degrade. The way they explained it was that if you start a charge when your battery is at 50% and you charge to 100% and then start another charge at 50% and charge to 100% again that is counted as 1 full charge.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site

Hopefully after seeing the Verizon box, Verizon might be one of the first to release this new device.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site

That would be a first for Verizon, I mean being first would be a first for them. Verizon is always last on updates, releases, support. Lately when I have called into Verizon support every time I get "we are experiencing higher than normal call volume" every time no matter what time of day or day of the week. Something is definitely going on with their call centers.

Zacharyw70

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site

Can't wait to get the official confirmation for this device. Feels like websites keep fighting between the S800 and the S801, so it would be nice for it to finally come to an end. Overall I really like the specs it is packing and that included SD card slot is a big plus. Rumors are it'll be available to purchase the same day it is announced shortly after the conference in the UK, so hopefully that means the US release date isn't far off.

Going to be a tough choice between this and the Lumia 930 once build rolls over, but I guess it'll depend on how long the 930 will take to release.

anon(829886)

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site

There was a rumor on Droid-Life yesterday that Verizon will have a launch day exclusive. It was stated by a mod but he didn't say it was confirmed. This is what I'm hoping is true. Doesn't seem far fetched considering the alleged packaging and dummy model have clearly leaked already.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

There was a rumor on Droid-Life yesterday that Verizon will have a launch day exclusive. It was stated by a mod but he didn't say it was confirmed. This is what I'm hoping is true. Doesn't seem far fetched considering the alleged packaging and dummy model have clearly leaked already.

Link?? Any further details?

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

That would be a first for Verizon, I mean being first would be a first for them. Verizon is always last on updates, releases, support. Lately when I have called into Verizon support every time I get "we are experiencing higher than normal call volume" every time no matter what time of day or day of the week. Something is definitely going on with their call centers.

This one (no pun intended) still on your radar?

anon(829886)

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site

Link?? Any further details?

V53IKai.png

No further details. Could be wishful thinking.

Liberation

May 17, 2010
Visit site

^^ Hey everyone..

I own a Verizon Wireless store in Maryland and those leaks are correct. My vendors currently have them in stock and orders are supposed to be shipped for a 3/25 launch! This information has come directly from my account reps and I also see them listed in their inventory reports.

anon(829886)

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site

^^ Hey everyone..

I own a Verizon Wireless store in Maryland and those leaks are correct. My vendors currently have them in stock and orders are supposed to be shipped for a 3/25 launch! This information has come directly from my account reps and I also see them listed in their inventory reports.

I sure hope so. This would be a big deal for HTC after the long delay to land on big red last year.

Shamrock

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site

^^ Hey everyone..

That's pretty awesome news if true. I wonder if they'll sell it same day on their site.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

^^ Hey everyone..

Awesome! So when can we pre-order? And what version (16, 32gb) will be the standard with Verizon? Will the corp stores carry the 32gb or will it be on-line only?