[VERIZON](TOOL) I545 all-in-one root + recovery installer

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Odin back to stick and start process again. You missed a step somewhere in there if this is the case

Sent from my SGH-M919 using AC Forums mobile app

Thanks. I just ran the tool again and it worked. Thanks for this tool. Probably couldn't do this without it.

Necrodox

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm a total newbie to rooting, I've completed step 1 and have successfully rooted my Galaxy S4. Now I'd like to understand what steps 2, 3 and 4 are for and if they are necessary after I have rooted in step 1.

I'd appreciate any help on the matter sorry if this question is redundant.

Last edited:

bhp090808

May 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm a total newbie to rooting, I've completed step 1 and have successfully rooted my Galaxy S4. Now I'd like to understand what steps 2, 3 and 4 are for and if they are necessary after I have rooted in step 1.

I'd appreciate any help on the matter sorry if this question is redundant.

You only need to install recovery if you plan to flash a custom rom and/or kernel. Step 2 preps your phone for recovery by removing files that interfere with its use. If your happy just being rooted theres no need to go any further

Necrodox

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
You only need to install recovery if you plan to flash a custom rom and/or kernel. Step 2 preps your phone for recovery by removing files that interfere with its use. If your happy just being rooted theres no need to go any further

Oh I see, now these other two options (I'm going to assume they're custom ROMs) "CWM" and "TWRP". What exactly do they do and what are the benefits of loading these custom ROMs onto my device?

Once again, sorry for the redundancy.

bhp090808

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Oh I see, now these other two options (I'm going to assume they're custom ROMs) "CWM" and "TWRP". What exactly do they do and what are the benefits of loading these custom ROMs onto my device?

Once again, sorry for the redundancy.

Cwm and twrp are custom recoveries. To learn more about recoveries google is your best friend. Same with roms to learn more search and read read read

Necrodox

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Cwm and twrp are custom recoveries. To learn more about recoveries google is your best friend. Same with roms to learn more search and read read read

Gottcha', I'll do my searches. Any recommendations on source where I could learn the basics to it all? Ones that you yourself trust and would present to others.

macmitten

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
So is there a way to do this method on a mac yet? I'm on Verizon and the only windows I'm around is at work, and they block any downloads such as odin. Had the phone for about a month and want to be rooted. Had the galaxy nexus before and it was simple as hell. Bought this device and thought it would be as easily unlocked and rooted but that is not turning out to be the case. Any suggestions?

bhp090808

May 27, 2013
Visit site
So is there a way to do this method on a mac yet? I'm on Verizon and the only windows I'm around is at work, and they block any downloads such as odin. Had the phone for about a month and want to be rooted. Had the galaxy nexus before and it was simple as hell. Bought this device and thought it would be as easily unlocked and rooted but that is not turning out to be the case. Any suggestions?

Ive heard ppl have had success using a windows emulator on there mac like wine. Sorry I dont have a mac

macmitten

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
odin says FAIL! "Can't open the serial(COM) port."

edit... retried it, and I was not being patient enough for the computer to find phone

Last edited:

trai_lguy

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
Will rooting allow me to move apps to my SD card or do also need to flash a custom rom? How does rooting the s4 compare to my old DROID x easier or harder? Thanks.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app

Xxw0lfxX

Oct 24, 2009
Visit site
Trying to gain the courage to root this beast. I've rooted my nexus, thunderbolt, and fascinate before, but I've also ran custom roms from TeamBAMF.

With that being said, which rom does everyone suggest for the S4 seeing BAMF does not yet support the S4?

Sent from my Verizon Wireless Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2.

Mockingbird Farm

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm totally clueless so I'm going to ask this here before I attempt rooting. The thing that really bugs me about my new phone (samsung S4 just purchased yesterday) is that when I go into manage applications/running, so many things are ticking off the seconds that I have never even touched. Why are all these applications running and why can't I disable them? I tried force stop on a few and they just go back to running next time I check! It's un-nerving for me. Will rooting help this and am I going to screw things up rooting! It's like I can see the battery levels diminish with each second! ARRRGGGGHHHHH!

shotjas

May 14, 2011
Visit site
The only way you can keep root is if you used VooDoo before the ME7 update was punched the phone, the restored root afterwords. There is a bounty out out on a root/recovery/unlock for the S4 over on XDA presently. Its almost 2000$.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justinedwards