Vertical leather case for Droid X ?

thp2478

May 20, 2010
Visit site
The Droid X does not like magnets in a lot of the cases offered. If one was to add a case, Incipio, Otterbox Commuter, Seidio Innocase, etc., who offers a leather pouch WITHOUT magnets, that would accommodate the setup? Tired of looking. Thanks.

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I bought the Smartphone Experts Top Case from this forum's store, well made, quality. It arrived with magnets. At the suggestion of a forum member, I carefully sliced open the lining, removed the magnets (front and flap), and glued it back. Looks perfect and works just fine.

Here's the link to those cases.

http://store.androidcentral.com/smartphone-experts-top-case/4A25A7640.htm

HOWEVER ... I noticed on Smartphone Experts own web site, these same cases for the Droid 2 appear to have been modified with a Velcro fastener. I couldn't tell for sure from the photo, but they were definitely different. There is a disclaimer across the top that these cases are incompatible with the DX (too small). Go figure.

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Oh yeah. Forgot to mention the Velcro ... got a piece that has the sticky backing. Cut it to fit.

Also, the case is designed for a naked X, but will accommodate a regular case in a tight fit. But, it's leather and will stretch out so the X and case slip in and out.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rabruslik