vertical panorama shot

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

HTC panorama feature does not allow vertical shots. Is there any app that can be downloaded that will allow such shots?

Thank you.

Mr Bojangles1

Oct 29, 2019
Visit site
On my phone it won't allow me to do it horizontally. The picture itself turns but the path to go to the side doesn't switch. I figured it makes more sense that way because you end up with the biggest shot possible when it's vertical and panning to the side. But mine is opposite what you said. Are you by chance mixing up vertical and horizontal?

DaphnieY

Aug 9, 2022
Visit site
@Mr Bojangles1 I'm the one who posted the question above so I'll reply to your question. No, I'm not mixing vertical and horizontal. HTC phone's panorama feature only allows horizontal panning. So I'm trying to figure out if there's any app out there that will allow me to take vertical "panoramic" pictures (tall structures, lighthouses, tall trees, etc.).

Mr Bojangles1

Oct 29, 2019
Visit site
@Mr Bojangles1 I'm the one who posted the question above so I'll reply to your question. No, I'm not mixing vertical and horizontal. HTC phone's panorama feature only allows horizontal panning. So I'm trying to figure out if there's any app out there that will allow me to take vertical "panoramic" pictures (tall structures, lighthouses, tall trees, etc.).

Ok I just wanted to double check because of mine. What kind of htc do you have?

Mr Bojangles1

Oct 29, 2019
Visit site
I believe all you have to do is turn your phone horizontal so that the line to follow is up and down. So to take a vertical shot you have to have your phone horizontal. And to take a horizontal shot you have to hold your phone vertical.

Mr Bojangles1

Oct 29, 2019
Visit site
This isn't a guarantee, but you might be able to use gcam on your phone. Pretty sure it does. Download the app here and check if your phone supports camera2 api. If it does then it will work with your phone. Download from here https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/dev-san1ty/

You might need to download a config file as well so that best settings are set for your phone. I used to have gcam on my OnePlus 7t and it really improves pictures as well.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220809-183949_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220809-183949_Chrome.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol