Very Top left of screen icons

androidagatha

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Hello, on the very top left hand corner of my screen I have 5 little grey icons which will not disappear. I used to swipe them and press clear and they would clear, but I can't even swipe on them now. Does anyone know how to get rid of them please? One is a drop box icon, email notification, answer machine message etc. :pThank you

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Take a look in Settings -> Accessibility, under the Services heading. Are those apps that show up in the upper left corner listed here? If so, they are running as services and apparently new programming guidelines require them to be shown in the Notification bar.

You can try going into the individual apps and looking in the settings for that app, to see if it'll allow you to turn the icon off. But often the message that you'll get (paraphrased) is that if you turn the icon off, the app may be swapped out of memory, in which case it'll stop working. That's why the apps are installed as services - so that doesn't happen. HTH.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4