[VIBRANT FROYO] The official update thread

jdm4u

Samsungian
Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Have other vibrant updates been done through kies? Seems kind of strange, I bet most users will never even know this is available.

The JI6 eclair update was done through both OTA and Kies. I did mine through kies because it was taking forever for me to get the JI6 update OTA.

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Phil are you on a windows 64 bit computer? If you have a 32 bit pc-use that one instead, kies should run better. Plus don't forget the drivers.

I ran to same problem as well.

It sees the phone just fine. Problem is it sees it as an "unrecognized device."

AnAm85

May 14, 2010
Visit site
When updating latest drivers, how do I know which Model number the phone is? I know its T959 but there are a bunch of different letters after about 5 different versions.

brink

Oct 19, 2010
fleshy.org.nz
FWIW I had a hell of a time getting kies to do anything with my phone until I switched back to touchwhiz as the launcher. I had been using launcherpro.

I'm on at&t w/ a captivate, so ymmv

AMaench

May 17, 2010
Visit site
It sees the phone just fine. Problem is it sees it as an "unrecognized device."

hey phil stop being so daft, update your drivers or get the right ones installed. It's saying unrecognized device because I bet money if you went into the device manager your computer has a big question mark next to your device. Either click on the question mark and hit find drivers online or in windows 7 once the drivers are installed you can click "find solution" and MS will go and find those on your computer automatically.

VCL

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
That is ridiculous in todays high tech world. OTA should be mandatory for any update. Thank you HTC. My N1 never gives me this kind of crap to go thru. I wonder if the NS will have to go thru this crap as well????
Good Luck people.

AnAm85

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Mine says connect device in Samsung Kies mode. So I do, and hit OK and then it tells me, "SGH-T959 Card Device Transmission Terminated". WTF? WHY ARE WE HAVING TO DO THIS IN KIES?!?!?!?!?!

gtg465x

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
What a disappointing update after all this time. It's already outdated (a newer build just leaked). It's Kies only (no OTA). It's only 2.2 (Most international Galaxy S phones are on 2.2.1, which has some major speed improvements over 2.2 from Samsung). No source code. GPS is no better for most people who found it flaky.

I really hope the update for my Captivate goes better than this, but I doubt it will.

AnAm85

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Set USB settings to Samsung Kies. Did that work?

Ok so I got it to recognize my device but it says, "This device is not supported by Kies." So I guess I will just drench the damn thing in Gasoline and light a match, laptop too. GEEZUS!

*Update: Just tried to switch to Samsung Kies in USB Settings but still does the same thing.

dsutton1026

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Froyo.jpg

dsutton1026

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Guys make sure you have debugging on and you have the correct driver from Samsung. You don't have to do anything else but launch kies, plug in the phone, and hit update.

Reactions: bzehawk

KCphotog

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
For those having issues with Kies. Set your usb setting to ask when connected and then turn on debugging. When connected it should take over on its own.

AnAm85

May 14, 2010
Visit site
For those having issues with Kies. Set your usb setting to ask when connected and then turn on debugging. When connected it should take over on its own.

Says cannot connect in debugging mode and have set it to ask on connection and chose Samsung Kies... This is going to piss me off... ROYALLY!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andej