vibrate sounds weird?

mylasthope

May 13, 2010
Visit site
hey guys,

I checked my bionic and a couple demo units at my local store. the Bionic sounds really weird in vibrate mode. Anyone else notice this?

pdecell

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Interesting,

Mine lives in an Otterbox and has since I got it so I haven't experience naked Bionic vibration. With the Otterbox the vibration is more like a purring, not a soft purr though. I like it. But then again I am a cat person. :D

lament

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
hey guys,

I checked my bionic and a couple demo units at my local store. the Bionic sounds really weird in vibrate mode. Anyone else notice this?

Coming from an OG Droid - yes, it's weak. I have my phone set to vibrate for my alarm and almost didn't hear it.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
hey guys,

I know what you're talking about. Instead of sounding smooth, it has a stuttering pattern.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

suchashorttime

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
i thought mine was just mildly defective. thank goodness this is everyone. it does kind of sound like an animal dying... perhaps drowning. it's like it vibrates and oscillates at the same time. not a strong steady burst of vib.

916ninja

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
i thought mine was just mildly defective. thank goodness this is everyone. it does kind of sound like an animal dying... perhaps drowning. it's like it vibrates and oscillates at the same time. not a strong steady burst of vib.

It feels and sounds like a playstation dual shock.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Pierpoint

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Mine has sort of a hissy buzz to it. I know it's because the volume rocker is sort of free-standing. Same with the screen lock button. So when it vibrates, there's a little extra sizzle lol.

Hal2012

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
HTC Droid Dream

I was completely awake so no jokes about it being a dream... Actually didn't get to sleep till 3-4 in the morning after this....Last night I started hearing what at first I thought was a baby crying. After a few minutes of hearing this it started to sound like how two cats when they are getting ready to fight. This went on for at least 15 minutes. I went to my back, then my front door looking out not seeing or hearing it again, I went back upstairs. Then it started again, I could tell it is definitely two cats getting ready to fight. I opened windows in my bedroom and bathroom and strained to hear, but nothing. So I lay back down in bed and that's when it came again louder and clearer. My eyes slowly went to my HTC Droid Dream laying on the night stand next to me. It's coming from the damn phone! WTF. So I pick up the phone, put it to my ear and sure enough, two cats getting ready to go at it, but after listening a few minutes I could tell it was on a loop and played over and over again. I was not using the phone in any way shape or form. It was just laying there. I looked to see if there is a connected call or something, and nothing. I looked and looked at the phone listening at the same time trying to figure out how, where, who ect. Then it stopped. If anyone has any info on this please let me know, or has this happened to anyone else.