Vibration is sorely lacking!!

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I've seen people complain about this with not just the Note, but with other devices that have gone with more high end haptic engines. The newer vibrations are a little more subtle, but much more pleasing imo.

One solution could be to try Textra if messaging is your main issue. It has several vibration patterns to choose from and how many times it will alert you. From the initial message all the way up to every 2 minutes until you unlock your phone again.

yarnsrj

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I'll try a different messaging app when I get a chance. I bought CHOMP SMS years ago and will give it another shot.

yarnsrj

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I did reload CHOMP SMS app and although the vibration is no stronger, it is about 5 or 6 seconds long. That's some improvement over the Samsung stock messages and Verizon's messages+ 1 second vibration. I'll stick with CHOMPS for now. This way I may actually have more time to possibly feel some vibration when I actually get a text.

icnmayhem

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I think this fancy new haptic engine they say the removed the headphone jack for is weaker. the vibration feels a lot smoother when im typing or interacting with the phone, but I almost never notice a text or notification when its in my jeans. pretty much makes my galaxy watch mandatory if I don't want to miss anything.

vladfan

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
My vibration stopped working altogether. I called tech support for Verizon and they are sending me out a new phone. Pretty frustrating.

I prefer the vibrate mode especially since I attend a lot of meetings and I don't need a song playing in the middle of doing business.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nusaka