Vibration to soft

phildev74

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if it is just my unit, but I have vibration set to max and I can't feel it in my pocket when someone calls or texts.
I bought this thing yesterday, may have to return it. My SGIII vibrated like an orbital sander. This Note 4 barely registers.

leerandall

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
I don't know if it is just my unit, but I have vibration set to max and I can't feel it in my pocket when someone calls or texts.
I bought this thing yesterday, may have to return it. My SGIII vibrated like an orbital sander. This Note 4 barely registers.

Mine doesn't vibrate very vigorously either. It's not a showstopper for me, though.

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Play around with the intensity and vibration pattern in the settings. The default vibration setting isn't much. Some of the other pulse vibrations are a lot better.

I like being able to set a different vibration pattern for my wife. Makes it easier to know when she's texting me if I am in a meeting.

phildev74

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I took my Note 4 back to the AT&T store. I missed too many calls and texts.
The sales weasel showed me all current model phones have had their vibration motors detuned compared with 2013 and earlier.

I tried every one. The one with the strongest motor was the LG G3. So that is what I'm rocking now.

And truth be told, it feels good no longer being in the arms race of do I have the best phone available. Now I only care about whether it actually will function as a phone is supposed to.

Jdane07

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
If I leave my Note 4 face up on a table or something, and I get a notification while my phone's in vibration mode, I can record small seismic events.

Seriously, I hate mine sometimes lol

Posted via the Android Central App

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, this really is a YMMV kind of thing. I've never had a complaint with any Samsung phone regarding vibrate function (except when it died completely on an old S2 that I had). They've always worked great for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol