Video Chatting Unsuccessful

anon(235604)

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I just got the latest Fring and talked to an iPhone with it and was pretty good with my TB
Don't use the one from the app store. Fring sent me a link to the new beta which supports both front and back cameras.

From Fring:
Hello, We've developed a better version that supports that Streak (Dell Mini 5!), Moto Atrix and the Thunderbolt. The APK file for your handset can be found in this link: http://reg.fring.com/app/versions/Fring2459.apk Note that this is a beta version, we are still working on improving it and modifying it according to your feedback. Thank you, Sagi fring Support

Last edited:

Bolt_of_Thunder

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
tried fring tonight with my brother, he also has tbolt. Both of us had wifi on. Both of us heard weird loud noises and couldn't hear each other over speakerphone. looks like yahoo is next on the list

Tried fring with 2 other tbolts and no luck. Tried yahoo with another tbolt and also no luck. Ugh this is annoying.

dhendriksen

Android Addict
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Use the Fringe beta, it works great! I've used it to talk with my wife several times, including us both on wifi, both on 3G, or one on each. It works good, but gets dicey if you have a weak signal. I like how it rings the phone (with Tango it seemed the person you were calling had to have the app open to receive a call) and the fact that I can use a Bluetooth earpiece.

Fring is the best I've used, but I haven't tried Yahoo! messenger.

I really hope we see Skype and/or Google Talk with video support soon.

juansroman

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
yahoo messenger worked pretty good

I used YM from a 4g area to my wife who was home on dsl line. Worked great on my end. When I asked my wife how I looked and how did I sound she said it was fine.

VCL

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Tried video calling on the Thunderbolt with yahoo Messenger, worked pretty darn good. He also has a Thunderbolt, We used Yahoo Messenger thru Yahoo.com, signed in with my Yahoo E-Mail and it works. It will get better.

TJH132

May 5, 2010
Visit site
When will Google provide parity for GTalk among all its clients? It's annoying I can video chat from my Xoom to other Xooms or computers, but not to phones with similar specs.

TJH

major_works

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
My wife and I tried a Yahoo Messenger video call yesterday on our Thunderbolts. It worked reasonably well. The audio was a little subpar on my end, but otherwise no complaints.

KingChicago

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I believe that video calling will sound better once HTC gets an update out that fixes the software issue in which the microphone doesnt operate at its full capacity when there is outside noise being received from another source (in this case, it is any noise that is going to come from the other video feed, which is unavoidable).

It appears the noise cancellation feature was applied incorrectly to the camera functions. It works well for calls, but it attempts to noise cancel sources farther away from the microphone when the camera is in use.