Video recording problem

acsurfer

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

Halfway during video recording using the default Samsung Note 8 Camera app, a file is sent to me via bluetooth (there will be a popup something like asking me to accept or decline the file). Once I press accept or decline the incoming file, the video will auto stop recording immediately.

Q1. How to prevent video from stopping recording in the above situation?

Q2. Does incoming call or pressing accept/decline incoming call auto stop video recording?

Thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure about your second question, but you could always turn on Do Not Disturb temporarily while recording to prevent any other notifications from interrupting.

acsurfer

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I there some sort of app/way that could problem once I use camera app it would auto enable Do Not Disturb, and once I close camera app it would disable Do Not Disturb?

Is there alternative camera that would auto put camera in top priority to prevent interruption?

Is there app that can show a banner/alert across the screen [do not disturb] is in use? In the past I used airplane mode and completely forget about airplane mode was on.

Is there app that can set a timer how long [do not disturb] will be enabled?

What is the difference of Do Not Disturb vs Airplane

My second questions meaning halfway during recording a video using camera app, if there is someone calling my number there would be a incoming call screen, so when that happens I wonder if the video recording would auto stop when there is a incoming call?

Last edited:

acsurfer

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Now it depends on luck and timing to be able to reply. You guys should inform the site owner about the problem of unable to reply. I guess other users might not be able to reply and leave. The problem of unable to reply happens again before I am able to reply.
screencapture-forums-androidcentral-general-help-how-1048325-video-recording-problem-html-2022-0.jpg

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You could try an app like Tasker or IFTTT to see if they let you set up conditions for when to turn on DND that aren't otherwise native to the system.

The format of the post in your screenshot is the Q&A format. I thought I had discussed this with you in the recent past, but maybe it was someone else. It's an odd format that doesn't let anyone reply. I don't know why the site admins keep this format around, but if you see it, then bring up the URL and delete everything after "html", then hit Enter. That should reload the page with the normal formatting.