Visual VM Stopped Working

Deeice

Dec 3, 2022
Visit site
I have a Galaxy S21. I use the unpaid Verizon Visual VM. Starting yesterday I have been unable to retrieve any listed VM's using this app. I can manually call into to VM & listen to new VM's but when I click on them in the visual vm app on my phone, they won't even open up. Anyone else having this problem and/or have a solution. So far I have restarted my phone, cleared VM cache/data, did a force stop. No luck.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Is your device branded by the carrier? I don't remember if VVM comes on devices from Big Red or if you have to install it yourself. Either way, now that I'm thinking about it, this may help. If you are able to fully uninstall the app I would try that and then re-install it. This will make sure that the app is up to date and give you a fresh install. Two for the price of one. If you are not able to fully uninstall the app, you should have the option to uninstall the most recent update. If this is the route, try it without installing the update. There is a chance there's something funky with the update. The obvious next step is to do the update and see what happens. Two for the price of two with this one.

You may also want to shout out to Big Red's customer no service if nothing comes back after this. It could be their system, the service, crows sitting on the transmission lines, who knows, but they might.

Let us know what you find.
Best wishes

Deeice

Dec 3, 2022
Visit site
Is your device branded by the carrier? I don't remember if VVM comes on devices from Big Red or if you have to install it yourself. Either way, now that I'm thinking about it, this may help. If you are able to fully uninstall the app I would try that and then re-install it. This will make sure that the app is up to date and give you a fresh install. Two for the price of one. If you are not able to fully uninstall the app, you should have the option to uninstall the most recent update. If this is the route, try it without installing the update. There is a chance there's something funky with the update. The obvious next step is to do the update and see what happens. Two for the price of two with this one.

You may also want to shout out to Big Red's customer no service if nothing comes back after this. It could be their system, the service, crows sitting on the transmission lines, who knows, but they might.

Let us know what you find.
Best wishes
Thanks so much for your help. My visual vm is now working. I didn't do anything more than what I already mentioned. Gave it another 24 hrs and it started working normally again.