Vivid display mode turning warm during night even when blue light filter is off

anon(9842641)

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
When i am in vivid mode , display is turning very warm even when i turn off blue light filter .. it goes away when i change display mode to natural

Can any one help me.

Thanks

dejanh

Trusted Member
Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
When i am in vivid mode , display is turning very warm even when i turn off blue light filter .. it goes away when i change display mode to natural

Can any one help me.

Thanks

I have the same problem! This is terrible for a $1600 phone. Using the S10+, Canadian version. Any clue how to solve this? This is a deal breaker for me.

dejanh

Trusted Member
Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Figured out what's going on. For whatever bizarre reason (ah, who am I kidding - it's Samsung after all), the developers of One UI forgot to disable Android native Night Mode. To resolve, download Quick Shortcut Maker, search for Night Mode, open the reference it finds to the Night Mode (you might have to expand the root Settings node), and disable Night Mode, plus set the schedule to Never. After this you can safely resume using the stock Night Mode feature of Samsung's One UI in both Native and Vivid modes.

Samsmalls

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Note 10+ I was upset when I noticed this immediately did a search and found this thread. I was able to get my vivid mode back with blue light filter by switching night mode on, with natural mode on, and off restarting the phone... then removing my theme to stock, then restarting again. After that I reapplied my original theme switched my settings back to custom!

Samsmalls

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I also needed to update my Google play books app and disable night mode there, which made the changes permanent. I hope this helps!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrussellcampbell