VM $25 Google Wallet Promo

bigcat73

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
Did anyone who bought the Virgin Mobile Elite get the full $25 credit? I got $10 when I activated and had read that the other $15 would be added within 3 weeks. It's been over 3 weeks and I still haven't received the other $15. According to this article, you only have to be a new customer to VM to get the $35 account bonus. It just says any customer who activates Google Wallet on their Elite will get the $25 GW credit.

Virgin Mobile offering $25 Google Wallet credit with LG Optimus Elite | PhoneDog

aaronrw

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
Nuh never got more than the noted 10$ either. When did AC get these forums up anyways? Really glad to see the elite get some love...

bigcat73

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm...Well I tweeted at them and they told me to call their toll-free number and they'd try to resolve it. I'll let you guys know what I find out.

aaronrw

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
This is off topic but have any of you out there had MAJOR data speed issues? This phone seems like it could fly, but I'm getting like 100kbps at the most. Factory reset does nothing

bigcat73

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
This is off topic but have any of you out there had MAJOR data speed issues? This phone seems like it could fly, but I'm getting like 100kbps at the most. Factory reset does nothing

My house has always been spotty as far as coverage goes (dating back to when I got my OV). Upstairs in my house I'm getting 242kbps down and 54kbps up. It's pretty bad, but keep in mind I have zero bars here, usually barely enough to keep a call upstairs. I had the same data speeds at home on my OV. Speeds around town aren't that bad, but my house is a deadspot for some reason.

At my sister's house in a bigger city area it was much faster. I didn't test it, but it was faster than at home for sure and seemed quicker than on the OV when I was at her house before I got the Elite. This could be explained by the faster processor, though.

Overall, I'd say the speeds have been consistent between the devices. I've heard some people say that if you're on the $25 plan with the Elite, your speeds will be slower. I'm still on the $25 plan and they've been consistent with my OV.

Edit: And yes, it's nice to see a forum up for this phone at AC :cool:

aaronrw

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
My house has always been spotty as far as coverage goes (dating back to when I got my OV). Upstairs in my house I'm getting 242kbps down and 54kbps up. It's pretty bad, but keep in mind I have zero bars here, usually barely enough to keep a call upstairs. I had the same data speeds at home on my OV. Speeds around town aren't that bad, but my house is a deadspot for some reason.

At my sister's house in a bigger city area it was much faster. I didn't test it, but it was faster than at home for sure and seemed quicker than on the OV when I was at her house before I got the Elite. This could be explained by the faster processor, though.

Overall, I'd say the speeds have been consistent between the devices. I've heard some people say that if you're on the $25 plan with the Elite, your speeds will be slower. I'm still on the $25 plan and they've been consistent with my OV.

Edit: And yes, it's nice to see a forum up for this phone at AC :cool:

Yeah in a dead zone at home as well. But I get the same results with full bars as well...:mad:

Sent from my LG-VM696 using Tapatalk 2

WakeUpC22

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
If you have your MSL you can root your phone and change the prl to try to address data speed issues. Otherwise I concur that it simply depends on where I am

bigcat73

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
I finally got the $15 credit yesterday after 4 weeks and a few calls to Google Wallet. The people I talked to were really cool about everything. They didn't give me the runaround or anything, they just assured me that the I qualified for the promotion and that it was coming.

aaronrw

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
I had to factory reset my phone to get it working again. After that no more google money just error loading card. Buying this phone was a HUGE waste of cash.

aaronrw

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
Did you reset Google Wallet before doing the factory reset? I read several places that if you don't, GW will be unusable.

yeah did it, but somehow it can't connect to servers or something.....I really dunno. The phone has also been throwing an error that says it can't sign into my gmail account because the password changed. Which is false.:(

fastobe

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
My additional $15 showed up at just under 4 weeks from purchase of the phone. The phone number activated on my Elite is the same one as the number / account as the one I had for my now de-activated Optimus V.

tattoomikeinnc

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
How do I get the 25$.. I bought my virgin Optimis last week...I'd love to claim it...I already got first month free service.now I want money

Sent from my LG-VM696 using Android Central Forums

kwknott

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Setup google wallet and add a google debit card. You will get $10 instantly and then if you qualify another $15 in 3 to 4 weeks

Sent from my LG-VM696 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cooongame789