Voice assistant won't turn off and emergency mode is stuck? S7

A

AC Question

my phone S7 seems to be stuck with voice assistant on. I can't get it to do anything. Pattern to unlock is difficult- phone vibrates while trying to draw pattern, on 3rd or 4th try will unlock if pattern is drawn slowly and with heavy finger pressure. screen is not responsive- slow and requiring long hold and double tap to make selections. Icons are big, cant get to settings as they are on another page and screen won't scroll.phone gets very hot.

anon(9602380)

Jan 7, 2016
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central.

I suggest trying a hard reset. Hold your power and volume down button at the same time till you see it restart. Then let go of the buttons. Hopefully this will help with your issue. If not then my other question to you is did you recently install any new apps? If so delete it and do a hard reset. Thanks!

philoldguy

Feb 7, 2018
Visit site
just go to apps and go down to talk back which is voice assistant force stop it and it will stop and screen icon will go away too yea sounds too easy but it works or you can tap and tap 2 times to turn off voice assistant under vision this is the easy way took me several hours to find the way too and yes my s7 now lets me control it

Last edited:

Pollyt

Mar 18, 2018
Visit site
Husband, after spending most of the morning trying to get out of voice assistant, finally did it by using two fingers for every swipe and press. It worked for him so good luck with your two fingered manoeuvres..

D-roids

Nov 28, 2018
Visit site
Pollyt,

I hope you see this - thank you so much for posting this. I though my phone was toast as I couldn't get past the lock screen to turn the damn voice assistant off!

I would never had know about the two finger method so I am really very grateful!!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci