Volume settings auto-adjust themselves?

ciera richez

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
I've had this phone for a few weeks now, and so far I love it. But I'm having an issue with my volume settings...they seem to adjust themselves. I have them set where I want them, and without touching the phone they adjust themselves to where they're hardly audible. I have the Deep Sleep Battery Saver app on my phone, but I've already checked the settings within it, and I see nothing about automatic volume changes if my battery level gets down below 30%. I do have Power Saving mode enabled, so I'm wondering if that could be the issue...but if that's what's causing the volume changes, how do I stop it from doing it? I've noticed that, even after charging the phone, my volume settings don't go back to where I originally had them set before Power Saving mode comes into effect. If someone tries to call me when the volume is down without me knowing, I never hear the phone ringing.

Is there any way to fix this problem? Thanks in advance.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Has this happened from the time that you took it out of the box, or did it start after you started installing apps?

Do you have a case on the phone that might be inadvertently pressing the Volume Down rocker? (I assume that the volume never increases on its own?)

You could try booting into Safe mode and see if the problem persists. (IIRC, with the phone completely off, press and hold the Volume Down rocker, press the Power button and continue holding the Volume Down rocker until the phone has finished booting. You'll see 'Safe mode' in the lower left corner.)
9y5u9y8u.jpg

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

ciera richez

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
It's done it since I got it out of the box. I've determined it's from when the Power Saving feature on the phone is enabled. As soon as it hits 30% battery and that activates, it changes all my volume settings. So...is there any way to configure the Power Saving feature on the phone so it doesn't do that? Because I haven't been able to find anything when I've looked.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
That's very interesting (and something I would never have thought of). It makes sense that while in Power Saving mode it would decrease the volume levels to save on battery life; unfortunately there's nothing in the Power Saving help information to indicate that it modifies the volume levels.
du9u5utu.jpg
Once the volume levels have been modified, what happens if you reset them to the level that you prefer? Do they stay that way or automatically get reset to the lower level?

You may have to choose between Power Saving mode (which I don't happen to use) or having to fiddle with your volume. :banghead:

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

ciera richez

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
The settings seem to stay if I adjust them after Power Saving mode is enabled...I just wish I didn't have to try remembering to do that, because a lot of times I forget. LOL Is Power Saving Mode really necessary, though? I also have the Deep Sleep Battery Saver app on my phone, so maybe I don't need both?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
As I noted, I haven't found Power Saving mode to be useful, nor have I relied on other power management apps. I get what I consider to be adequate battery life, and choose to manage screen brightness as necessary; to switch between mobile data and Wi-Fi as necessary; and to charge whenever the opportunity arises. YMMV.

ciera richez

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
I've decided to stop using Power Saving Mode myself. That should at least solve my volume issue. I have to say I do wish my battery life was a little better than it is, but I guess I can't really complain about that...after all, it is a smart phone. Thanks for all the help, it's much appreciated! :)

Sathish TR

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
I too had this problem..it is really annoying...
It is due to AVG antivirus..see if u have installed it...u can change this setting in AVG under performance menu...

Kjchang23

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I do too have the same problem the volume keeps self adjusting to the lowest level. I also noticed it seems to happen when the headset is used while running or exercising in the gym.

Feb 28, 2017
Visit site
I fixed it by removing the tiny circuit board inside the talkback mic on my ear buds. This did remove the talk back mic but I never use that anyway. Then I filled the entire cavity with hot glues before replacing the tiny outter plate so no moisture could leak in and trip the circuit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakhikumari800000