Volume turns down while listening to pandora

trenthbritt

Sep 5, 2014
Visit site
While running I have always listened to pandora through my earbuds and never had any problems. The past week after listening for awhile the volume will decrease to zero by itself. I will turn it back up and it will decrease itself again. I am sorry to ask if this issue has been covered but I searched and couldnt find an identical issue. Does anyone have a clue why this is happening?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Does this only happen with Pandora? If so, it could be an app bug but you can always try clearing cache and data on the app and see if that helps.

I would try to use a different app AND a different set of earbuds. Maybe yours are causing interference and are actually making the phone turn the volume down, just as if you were pressing the volume buttons on the headset controller. Or check your phone holdster (if you're using one) when you're running. Maybe the volume buttons are getting depressed when you jog?

trenthbritt

Sep 5, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the response. I have tried all of the above and it still does it. I don't have a clue what's going on. Sometimes it won't even acknowledge when I push the button to turn it up unless I wait a few minutes.

2ndHalfCor

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
While running I have always listened to pandora through my earbuds and never had any problems. The past week after listening for awhile the volume will decrease to zero by itself. I will turn it back up and it will decrease itself again. I am sorry to ask if this issue has been covered but I searched and couldnt find an identical issue. Does anyone have a clue why this is happening?

There is a long-standing bug in Galaxy devices where bluetooth volume gets lowered when a notification comes in, but the volume doesn't go back up. I wonder if this isn't part of the same bug. I have searched but found no solution. My $125 Kyocera has no trouble lowering the volume for a notification and then raising it back up again, but my Note 3 can't do it. This happens in Pandora, YouTube and other apps that stream to my bluetooth headsets. I would love to see a solution. I've searched for a fix, and have seen people with other Galaxy devices with the same problem, but no solution.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm... weird. My Note 3 has no issues with bluetooth audio streaming. I use it on an iShower speaker, an LG stereo, and my car's audio system (Mazda, in case it matters).

There once was a bug with Whatsapp where it would lower the volume with notifications even if the phone was set to vibrate or silent, but that was fixed by the dev and it didn't have anything to do with the system.

mizzou_guy

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
I'm having the exact same issue as the OP with the Milk app on my Galaxy Note 4. Did you ever find a solution? I also had the same thing happen with my HTC Evo with Pandora and the built in MP3 player.

Jamie Longstreet

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
I'm having the exact same issue as the OP with the Milk app on my Galaxy Note 4. Did you ever find a solution? I also had the same thing happen with my HTC Evo with Pandora and the built in MP3 player.

Same here. Android Ultra. While listening to Pandora, my volume gets turned down to a level where I can no longer here it. If I listen in the car via Bluetooth, it turns down the volume in the car. I have to pull over, stop, and turn the volume back up on the phone to hear anyone. Super annoyance.

juanito157

May 31, 2013
Visit site
My brother has the EXACT same problem!!! Tmobile note 4 turns the volume down while listening to music through his ear buds while running or walking... He turns it back up and it turns itself back down... They've already replaced the phone and the exact same thing is happening!!! He is so frustrated!!

juanito157

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Have you found a solution yet? My brother is going to try and get out of the phone today, he's had it for just over 30 days but his problems started withing the trial period... This is such an annoyance... I hate this thread turned into a different issue towards the end... This is NOT the same problem as the Bluetooth issue that has plagued Samsung for some time now!! This is specific to the hardwired headphones... My brother has tried different headphones and the problem persist... They asked him to remove live wallpaper and the problem persist, he's reset his phone back to new and the problem persist, they asked him to remove power amp player and again the problem persist...

Matt Behnken

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
My volume decreases to half way when I plug in ear phones. It's annoying because when I turn it back up I get a warning about increasing the volume is harmful for ears or something. It's annoying because it's the aux for the radio.

Posted via Android Central App

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
My volume decreases to half way when I plug in ear phones. It's annoying because when I turn it back up I get a warning about increasing the volume is harmful for ears or something. It's annoying because it's the aux for the radio.

That's standard behavior for Samsung Devices. Whenever you plug in earphones (or an aux line) for the first time, it'll dial back to avoid damaging your ears with the loud sound burst. Also, the freakin' warning can only be removed by rooting. However, this should (in theory) only appear once after booting. So once you select OK, it shouldn't pop back up until your next reboot.

Matt Behnken

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
That's standard behavior for Samsung Devices. Whenever you plug in earphones (or an aux line) for the first time, it'll dial back to avoid damaging your ears with the loud sound burst. Also, the freakin' warning can only be removed by rooting. However, this should (in theory) only appear once after booting. So once you select OK, it shouldn't pop back up until your next reboot.

That's good info. I wish I didn't swap out the battery for a charged one daily. Fml

Bradley Kieser

Aug 24, 2015
Visit site
That's not the case for the Note 4. I have been plagued by this bug because I listen to podcasts every day. I am hit by this problem no matter what is connected to the phone, either bluetooth speakers, headphones plugged into phone, car hands free kit, etc. After a lot of frustrating experimentation, I have narrowed the seemingly "random" events down to:

1) This bug is associated with the notification system
2) Having WiFI turned on activates the bug
3) Certain bluetooth events can trigger it.
4) Location has a very definite role and my phone can be operating perfectly normally, but when I arrive at certain locations the bug appears without fail.

So the best way that I have found around this is:
a) Turn off all your wifi and bluetooth
b) In certain locations you won't be able to avoid it, just give up there

If I manage the crack the location issue, will repost. It may be that turning off GPS helps as it will prevent the phone from detecting where it is.

At the heart of the problem is the notification system. The problem occurs when certain notifications such as wifi networks present occur. It may be that there is a way to turn off or change notifications in which case the bug will probably disappear. I am guessing that the problem exists because Samsung want to protect users from loud notification noises but the system is just too dumb to understand volumes across apps and focus its reduced volumes on simply notifications. So it kills everything.

This bug appears to be in the Note 4 and related devices, other people I know with Note3 and other older handsets don't have this bug.

Reynoldh

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
I'm having the exact same problem with the S6 Edge and also had it occurring with my S4. To me it happens when using Spotify while running. I already figured it might have something to do with notifications (whatsapp, or notifications from S Health which I use to track my run, together with the nike app and my polar watch) but it also happens without notifications...it seems pretty random sometimes. Google Now might be an added problem because that seems to be quite the returning notifier as well, mostly because I run early in the morning and then Google Now wants to give me traffic info to work. It keeps doing that even if you dismiss it. All very handy things in itself, but not when it bugs me out when I run and want to listen to music.

I'll try turning WiFi and BlueTooth off next time and hopefully it'll be fixed... turning off GPS is not really an option, since that is important for tracking my runs...

Davidsshane

Feb 26, 2017
Visit site

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci