Vote for your favorite Twitter app

What is your favorite Twitter app?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

anon26174

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I love the Peep widget, but dislike the fact that the client only shows friends and messages and doesn't let you search or view trends. The full-screen Twidroyd widget is more functional, as is the client, but you have to buy the full version to access it.

chrissss

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I use Seesmic right now
Things I think it needs to be perfect:
- auto-completed @ replies
- if someone you're not following you @'s you, it won't show up in your main timeline.
- doesn't notifiy you in any way if you have unread replies, DM's etc...

Best use of inline photos by far though

CRKhead

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I have to go with Touiteur for several reasons, but the main reasons are:

1. Ease of use
2. Options that best suit my usage pattern
3. Speed
4. It annoys the hell out of my wife for some reason when you pronounce it properly and complete with French accent... LOL

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
The official Twitter app is perfect

I've tried my hardest to like the official Twitter app but it acts up for me. Sometimes it decides to turn on/off background notifications on its own. Is there something I'm doing wrong in the settings?

Hero23

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I tried my hardest to like Twitter for Android, but as of right now, it jsut doesn't match the other clients.

The top 2 or 3 I've used are 1) Twicca 2) Seesmic and 3) Tweetcaster.

Twicca is by far the best (IMO) due to the options and color labeling. I like the nice clean dark interface as well.

emeraldayotte

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
This is a tough poll for me because I love bits and pieces from each one of these. I voted for Touiteur because it's the one I keep going back to.

To make it perfect it needs:
  • Native video upload
  • Native pic viewer (similar to Twidroyd and if it went with something like Seesmic, it would be even better.)
  • Geotagging

[EDIT: Just found out that geo-tagging is available in the latest update.]

Last edited:

Simba501

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I've tried my hardest to like the official Twitter app but it acts up for me. Sometimes it decides to turn on/off background notifications on its own. Is there something I'm doing wrong in the settings?

Hm. I'm not sure. I have my backgrounding disabled for Twitter as well, and it hasn't enabled it on its own. Just to be sure... Settings > Accounts & Sync > Click on your twitter account > UNCHECK the options...

Chillout80s

May 21, 2010
Visit site
Touiteur just sent out a recent update that among other things Im sure, also fixed a random bug with the url shortening feature. Ive been a fan of Touriteur, it's the best out there IMO. the way you can customize the look of the interface, the bottom nav bar, color'd tweets, is all top notch. The only thing I wish it had in the widget was a way to Tweet right from the widget similar to the stock Twitter app or Facebook App.

Other than that, it's way cool!

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Hm. I'm not sure. I have my backgrounding disabled for Twitter as well, and it hasn't enabled it on its own. Just to be sure... Settings > Accounts & Sync > Click on your twitter account > UNCHECK the options...

I did that and it still enables itself for some reason. You know when people say, "Only 1 in a million people have this issue"? I'm always that 1 person :p

Simba501

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I did that and it still enables itself for some reason. You know when people say, "Only 1 in a million people have this issue"? I'm always that 1 person :p

Oh...unfortunate....well, people seem to rave about Touiteur. Give that a shot, if you haven't already...

fishngrits

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
I like Twitter for Android.
I wish it had a black background w/ white text, but other than that, it's fine. I know other Twitter apps have that color scheme, I just don't feel like switching.

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I don't know why anyone likes Seesmic, but whatev.
Touiteur is the most comprehensive... reminds me of UberTwitter on BB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawrick