VZ Note 10+ and Ring Doorbell issue after Android 10- Live video wont display

u71n4444

May 21, 2010
Visit site
anyone having issue with Ring doorbell not loading live video once you request to go live or attemp
to view live video stream?

wbcolon

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
That's on android and ios with this latest update. Download the Rapid Ring app to quickly access live notifications.

wbcolon

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for mentioning Rapid Ring! I have experienced that issue problem since the Note 10 plus beta.

Your welcome. For whatever reason they couldn’t speed up live view after an alert through regular app, so they built an all new one. Still angry it took me to complain about connectivity before I found out about this one.

Nostromo79

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
anyone having issue with Ring doorbell not loading live video once you request to go live or attemp
to view live video stream?

Yes. I have two Note10 Plus phones. The Verizon phone just updated to Android 10 and Ring's Live View no longer works. The spinning blue circle will not even spin it freezes there and if I let it stay in that mode the app will crash. My Xfinity Note10 has not gotten the update (can I keep the update at arm's length indefinitely?) and the Ring app functions as well as it ever has. There is an example of a clear Before & After contrast for interested or affected parties.

wbcolon

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
That piece of information was a big help. Thank you very much. It works on my Note10 Plus which was updated to Android 10.

Your welcome. A lot of people don’t know about that app. It’s a shame Ring won’t advertise it so more people can use it.

Nostromo79

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
Your welcome. A lot of people don’t know about that app. It’s a shame Ring won’t advertise it so more people can use it.

I agree. It's convenient too in that it has a shortcut to the Ring app which can still retrieve and play motion alert recordings on my recently updated Verizon Note10 Plus. Great workaround.

qonic

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem with my s10+ even before the update 10 still doesn't work with the rapid ring.do you think it's a Verizon problem but my s8+ shows the ring video's no problem I had multi friends use there phones on my ring and they can also play the video's. What the hell!