Wait for galaxy s3?

dunamis

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Obviously not much info is out there regarding the new galaxy s3 but my contract is due and thinking of going to Android from iPhone. The Droid razr maxx seems to be a great phone.

Should I wait for gs3? I know from reading raxr maxx has great reception and call quality...of course not mentioning the battery.

Thanks for any input

gmonkey88

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
The biggest thing is going to be the reception. Samsung has had some problems in the past with CDMA radios. Read some of the complaints in the GNex forums.
I love my MAXX. Great reception, very fast (benchmarks and 4G), and build quality is very good. ICS is coming and will make it even better.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

thirsy1258

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
The biggest thing is going to be the reception. Samsung has had some problems in the past with CDMA radios. Read some of the complaints in the GNex forums.
I love my MAXX. Great reception, very fast (benchmarks and 4G), and build quality is very good. ICS is coming and will make it even better.

I own a gnex. Pretty cool phone but I have very bad signal issues. Screen rocks but the outside is a cheap plastic feel to it. After holding the maxx I would say moto has a very good build quality on the high end phones. The s3 looks slick and I don't like blur on moto but would take it for the build quality even though I've never had a cheap production issue with my gnex.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

RaiderWill

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
If you are with Big V, I would wait til July to see the CDMA Version of the SIII.. Wouldn't it be a shock if Verizon can get Samsung to release the 5250 Quad-Core SoC that is capable of working with 4G LTE.. Samsung has the Chip.. I would kick myself getting the Maxx and Verizon waits long enough to get the Quad-Core Version of the SIII.. They are due for a 2012 Splash.. :D

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I'd pass from what users say about signal issues. It's a phone first and they need to get that right. The Maxx is outstanding in that dept. as well as so much more.

atlantar6

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
I have a Samsung Charge and It constantly has reception and signal problems. Sometimes I have to turn on and off airplane mode to get a signal, and it pops up with 5 bars?!?!

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site

I agree. I had the nexus and reception was awful which led to even worse battery life than it already had. Unless samsung used a different radio or worked out the bugs in their current radios they use( which does not seem to be the case as the fascinate, charge, and nexus all suffer from the same issues) I will pass. Not to mention the maxx battery is great, can leave it on lte all day without worrying about needing to charge during the day.

Ewing33855

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
If you are with Big V, I would wait til July to see the CDMA Version of the SIII.. Wouldn't it be a shock if Verizon can get Samsung to release the 5250 Quad-Core SoC that is capable of working with 4G LTE.. Samsung has the Chip.. I would kick myself getting the Maxx and Verizon waits long enough to get the Quad-Core Version of the SIII.. They are due for a 2012 Splash.. :D

I'm pretty confident it won't be quad core...it would be cool if it were though

Sent from my Droid Razr Maxx

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I got a GN and dont have any signal issues I would forsure check out the GSIII before jumping on the razr.I am not a fan of motorola's locked bootloader policy having had the dx.

I did look at the razrs while at a vzw store when the first came out and thought they looked and felt cheap.I would say tho the have good radios .Both moto and blackberry seem to have the best radios imo.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
beauty1