Wait for Jelly Bean (4.1) ???

VAVA Mk2

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I was in the same boat and went ahead and got it now. I am fairly new to all this but from what I am reading, its fairly simple to root and install 4.1 now. Apparently I am an idiot because I tried it and failed, haha, so I am still rocking ICS

Don't worry. There is a learning curve on doing custom ROMs for the first time, but the community here offers great help and resources so ask away. Once you get the hang of it, hacking and ROM'n gets addicting :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Vanilla Ice

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
the S3 is crap. After playing with it and a JB nexus i take the JB nexus over it any day of the week. by the time the s3 gets JB and the better processor becomes relevant i will be ready to upgrade to my next phone already. the samsung apps and skin suck balls.

Even with the Nexus running 4.1 the GS III is a better smoother phone IMO. My wife's S3 is better then my GNexus i think. Once the S3 gets rooted its going to be a beast

craigrn16

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
Even with the Nexus running 4.1 the GS III is a better smoother phone IMO. My wife's S3 is better then my GNexus i think. Once the S3 gets rooted its going to be a beast

I just hope the dev community support the Verizon version. CM9 just came out for the GS3 but only the Sprint, At&T and Tmobile version

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Sock-Monkey Pete

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Do I have the option of not installing the OTA when it comes? Is the new OTA going to be that essential that I should just kiss flash goodbye and update?

At the moment, Jellybean requires nothing more than installing the .apk file for flash and a browser that supports it (I.e. Firefox, Dolphin HD, etc.) to get flash up and running.

So skipping the update in favor of flash is a moot point since flash will only be supported for so much longer on Android as is. All we'll need is the .apk file for the newest update each time, similar to the Gnex owners that do it now with Google wallet.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Reactions: samkatz

DLCPhototography

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
At the moment, Jellybean requires nothing more than installing the .apk file for flash and a browser that supports it (I.e. Firefox, Dolphin HD, etc.) to get flash up and running.

So skipping the update in favor of flash is a moot point since flash will only be supported for so much longer on Android as is. All we'll need is the .apk file for the newest update each time, similar to the Gnex owners that do it now with Google wallet.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

I understand that Adobe is abandoning Mobile Flash, but won't the Stock Browser in JB still work with the downloaded Flash APK? Or would I have to use a 3rd party Browser, as you suggest?

Personally, for my needs, the stock browser is fine, and I'd just as soon continue using it.

devo229

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Flash and stock browser work on galaxy nexus jellybean fine.. on nexus 7 you Have to jump threw some hoops I had to load a old apk of flash then update it to the newest apk. Of flash and then use Firefox.. there is no more stock browser on nexus 7 they chose to use chrome which think was a mistake

Reactions: DLCPhototography

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markp84103