Walmart refused to sell me a nexus7.

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
On Aug19, 2012 I decided to purchase a nexus7. I placed an order through walmart's "site to store" online site. The website clearly showed the tablet was in stock, so I made the purchase. Within minutes I received emails and text that my purchase was ready for pickup, I immediately went to walmart with my printout receipt.

After waiting for 30 minutes for help, an employee began to look for the product. Minutes later she brought it to me at the register and I inspected the box to see if it was opened. She was puzzled when she scaned the barcode, she stated that the computer was displaying "RECALL" and "REFUND". She called another employee for help and he also couldn't figure it out. A manager said that there is a recall so the tablet cannot be sold.

Another employee stated that it is also happening with other droid devices that it might be due to Apple suing google, I couldnt believe the BS as I held to the Nexus7.

I was so mad and upset because I really wanted this tablet for my daughters birthday, I called the store manager when I got home thinking these employees were pulling my chain and she gave me the same BS. I called the website number and they said there is no recall, she was helpfull and transfered me to the complaint dept, I was on hold for almost and hour so I gave up.

My question to anyone out there, is there a recall. Has anyone stumbled on this problem.

Also what other tablet can compete with this one if I am not alowed to buy this one, LOL.

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
I see alot of defective units being reported with the screen, maybe there has been alot of returns and walmart decides to stop selling them. I will try buying another unit tommorow, I live in the chicagoland area, does anyone know of another retailer that sells the nexus7 and have them in stock, for some reason worst-buy doesnt sell them.

djnshores

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
My guess would be that a customer returned the unit for refund, claiming it was defective. It would likely be listed as in inventory but flagged as a return. I would have asked if they had any others in stock. There has been some quality issues with the Nexus 7, but no recall.

I bought mine at Staples. I have had so many problems with Walmart in the past that I stopped shopping there.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I had this happen to me at Walmart a couple of years ago. I had attempted to by a Droid 2 Global and when I called to see if they had them in stock, I was told that they had been recalled. I didn't understand it, but that is what I was told. I was able to buy one at Best Buy though. So much for the recall. Never had an issue with the phone either. I don't know what is going on with Walmart.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

F34R

F34RTEHDR01D
Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I see alot of defective units being reported with the screen, maybe there has been alot of returns and walmart decides to stop selling them. I will try buying another unit tommorow, I live in the chicagoland area, does anyone know of another retailer that sells the nexus7 and have them in stock, for some reason worst-buy doesnt sell them.
The Walmart that I've returned 3 defective N7's, still have four others for sale at this point. There were four in the case last night when I picked another one up.
My guess would be that a customer returned the unit for refund, claiming it was defective. It would likely be listed as in inventory but flagged as a return. I would have asked if they had any others in stock. There has been some quality issues with the Nexus 7, but no recall.

I bought mine at Staples. I have had so many problems with Walmart in the past that I stopped shopping there.
This is probably the issue. I've had it happen with other products before.

bawboh86

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I'd say go to Staples. Even here in Greenville, TX, they have them in stock. If you can't get one there, maybe check out local Office Depots.

Unicorn Rancher

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
You might have better luck at Staples but call first because my local Staples doesn't have the Nexus 7 on display.

Did the people of Walmart at least refund your money?

bunnymoira

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
I got mine the same as well. When I picked it up at Walmart, they told me that it has been picked up. I told them it is possible since I just ordered an hour ago. The manager came over and he could not figure it out. Since they don't even see an ID or take a signature, they could not even tell who picked up the item. After a while, the lady who helped me first screamed "I know why". She hit a wrong button and change something on the record. She reversed it and found my package in the warehouse. I don't know what to say for your case. It may be just a stupid big mistake like mine.

djnshores

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
The Walmart that I've returned 3 defective N7's, still have four others for sale at this point. There were four in the case last night when I picked another one up.

This is probably the issue. I've had it happen with other products before.

3 defective units out of 7 is cause for concern and it was probably a precaution by Walmart to temporarily stop sales of the units until they have had a chance to investigate.

rich.x87

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried to buy one directly from Google?

If not, consider the TF300.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Android Central Forums

Jussumguy88

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
I got my n7 at staples and I'd suggest you do the same. Idk what happened at the Walmart u went to, but i haven't heard of or read anything about a recall on the device. Like others have stated, some have had some issues, but the one that I got is perfecto. Anyway hope u get your n7 and it brings you much joy.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Panchovilla773

nelonez

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
I got mine from Walmart and didn't have any issues.... mine was sealed all the way.... I even opened it there after I paid for it.... just to save me a trip if it was used or defective....

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
Update: I ordered the tablet from another walmart, I took a trip within 4 hours to pick the nexus up. Yesssss! I was able to pick it up with no problems. My little girl will now enjoy her Nexus 7 on her 7th Bday.

I still don't know what the problem was the first time, the unit that they scanned might of been a recall or return. Something is screwed up in their computer system.

Just want to say thanks to all the responses, and if anyone has the same problem ask the cashiers to scan another box, if that doesn't help check another store. Dont understand why the tablet is not being sold in the largest computer store in the nation.. Bestbuy.

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
You might have better luck at Staples but call first because my local Staples doesn't have the Nexus 7 on display.

Did the people of Walmart at least refund your money?

Yes. Only problem they did not refund the warranty, I have to make some calls for that. Walmart has a good warranty, they will replace it even if its lost, stolen, droped in water,.

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried to buy one directly from Google?

If not, consider the TF300.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Android Central Forums

I decided to buy the tablet locally in case I needed a refund. I like walmarts warranty because its only $20 for two years or $28 for three years. It covers lost, stolen, dropped in water, etc.

tiap

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
I tried the Walmart purchase too on the 10th, but they cancelled the oreder and said out of stock. Mine was also for my daughter's bday, and after calling around everywhere getting with no luck, I ordered from Google. Not happy with that, but I didn't want to miss the bday.
Also had to make calls to refund the warranty, wish I could have that.

FYI, anyone can go to the customer service computer at any Walmart and do the online order thing, get the reference number, give it to the p/u desk and p/u any item without leaving the store. Store manager showed us how to do it to get online sale prices in the store.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
movefla18