Warning: Don't accidentally lock out your SIM card!!!

bjboucher

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
All you need to do (for a temporary solution) is go to a Verizon store, tell them what happened, SHOW THEM IF THEY ARE TOO DUMB TO UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU ARE SAYING, and then they will give you a new card. Hopefully you do not lose all your files stored on your SIM card, but that option worked for me and prevented me the trouble of worrying about some stupid SIM card PUK code. The code should be more than 4 numbers too, so I don't think "1111" is the right answer for this situation.
That one was free. I'll be here all day :cool:

If you read through the thread, you'd see you can get your PUK code on your My Verizon website.

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
They might give you the SIM code if you ask for it... but the PUK code is not the same... it's a code to UNLOCK the SIM if you accidentally screw up entering the SIM code. The rep told me they don't give out the PUK codes... they seemed kind of clueless about SIM cards though, maybe since Verizon has not used them for very long?

You do know that the PUK unlock code can be retrieved through your MyVerizon page?
https://nbillpay.verizonwireless.com/vzw/accountholder/services/myphoneSubmit.action

attachment.php

Luis Quiroz1

Jan 25, 2015
Visit site
so if i put the numbers 1111 in my verizon tablet it will stop asking for SIM PUK pin ,please reply because i only have 1 more chance to put the pin

Ramesh Krishnan

Mar 7, 2019
Visit site
Hello,
Can anybody tell me what the PUK code for a Samsung Note 3 phone is? (assuming the PUK code is universal for a similar model of phone). I got an unlocked Verizon handset from a friend, I am not based in the US and not a subscriber to Verizon's service. I wouldn't have a 'My Verizon' account to access the PUK presently