water gets in S8 Plus glass screen protector

whyst

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5840246

this is likely true of all glass screen protectors for curved screens.

First, The protector itself is good, but only has glue on the edges. In my car, under bright light, the air between the glass protector and the phone creates a very glaring effect and the screen is barely visible.

Second... Yesterday I was working in the yard, sweaty. Answered the phone and the sweat got in between the glass protector and the phone. I could not squeeze it out. I then dunked the phone in water, as this phone was IP68. The layer did not allow for full water entry, and thus now, the touch screen is not quite responsive as I finger type. I press G and it clicks Y.

I am going to order a plastic film screen protector. Any recommendation on the brand?

20170605_205556.jpg

vecharo

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I have this one. I was tired of glass protectors that broke, thus causing a cycle of buying new ones.
It looks great! Use lots of the liquid when putting it on, it's case friendly but no case for a day to let the edges fully dry and give it a couple of days (my Zizo Bolt case was on after a day) for any remaining air bubbles to clear out. I had one bubble that I swore wouldn't go away. I was wrong. (thankfully :)
Galaxy S8 Plus Screen Protector (Not Glass), IQ Shield LiQuidSkin Full Coverage Screen Protector for Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus (Case Friendly) HD Clear Anti-Bubble Film https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06Y1FH94...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5840396

Last edited:

whyst

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
thanks for the comment and suggestion.
yes, I was about to pull the trigger on the film protectors...

BUT, what about all the face plant drops that is all over here, and "thank goodness for my glass screen protector" posting, that because the glass screen protector was broken, it deflected the pressure onto the actual phone screen...

I wonder how the phone would survive w the film screen protector.

Anyone else had the phone drop with film screen protector?

I got two of these glass ones, at $14 each! now I have to return them. arg!

Cowboy8467

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
I have this one. I was tired of glass protectors that broke, thus causing a cycle of buying new ones.
It looks great! Use lots of the liquid when putting it on, it's case friendly but no case for a day to let the edges fully dry and give it a couple of days (my Zizo Bolt case was on after a day) for any remaining air bubbles to clear out. I had one bubble that I swore wouldn't go away. I was wrong. (thankfully :)
Galaxy S8 Plus Screen Protector (Not Glass), IQ Shield LiQuidSkin Full Coverage Screen Protector for Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus (Case Friendly) HD Clear Anti-Bubble Film https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06Y1FH94...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5840513

I agree with this. I put this on my S8+ and it looks great after allowing at least 2 days for the bubbles to go away.