Weather Animation questions...

Azwizzard

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I have been looking for awhile, but this is my 1st post...

I have an HTC Evo 4G and the wife has a HTC Evo Shift. Both of us have the stock weather / clock on our phone. Both worked fine and would show the animations (i.e. clouds moving in, lightning etc) and make the sounds that go along with it.

For some reason lately the sound on mine has stopped. The animations still show up, but no sounds play that are associated with it. The wife's still works fine.

I haven't changed any settings on the phone. The ringer volume is up and the media volume is up.

It's really not a huge deal, it really is just more a curiosity thing for me to find out why the sounds all of the sudden stopped working...

Any ideas? Any settings I should look at (I checked all that I could think of)

Thanks for the help!

Azwizzard

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Yea, I am sure they were there. In fact, the 1st time we heard them was on my phone, then my wife ran over to her phone and checked and it worked on her's too.

denisew1972

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
I have never heard any sounds either, not on my old Hero, my Evo or my husbands Evo 3d. I'm poetry sure sound did not play ever. I've never played with the shift but I'd assume HTC Sense is sense no mayer what phone. I'm curiouse, can you post a video of her phone doing it with sound?

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
My Evo4G didn't make any sound with the weather app until I rooted it with Sense 3.0. If you're rooted, it's under settings/sounds/enable weather sounds or something like that. Are you sure you didn't hear a friends phone who was rooted?

EvoJumper

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
Yea, I am sure they were there. In fact, the 1st time we heard them was on my phone, then my wife ran over to her phone and checked and it worked on her's too.

well if you figure it out please update this thread. I have not been able to find information on audio options for the widget.

larouge

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
I have had both the Hero and the Evo 4g. I have never heard the weather widget make any sounds. Are you sure you heard them?

:confused: really guys? Someone asks a question about their phone and because you never tried it/heard it on yours they are imagining things? WOW :-!

I had actually been looking for the feature too. One of the reasons I got the phone was the promotion about it on youtube that shows someone's phone controling the TV, playing the weather sounds, and doing something else...sooo I don't believe this person is making it up. Search for it on youtube ;).

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I had the Incredible and it did make sounds on mine till it went crazy on me and I switched to Fancy Widgets. It used to make sounds too and then they upgraded and the sounds stopped. I liked the sounds too. miss them:(

krocadile1

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
:confused: really guys? Someone asks a question about their phone and because you never tried it/heard it on yours they are imagining things? WOW :-!

I had actually been looking for the feature too. One of the reasons I got the phone was the promotion about it on youtube that shows someone's phone controling the TV, playing the weather sounds, and doing something else...sooo I don't believe this person is making it up. Search for it on youtube ;).

Don't blame them they just cant help because they've never heard of the Evo 4g making weather sounds, i didn't till i flashed a 3.0 sense rom i never knew the evo or sense had that feature to have sound go along with the animation. I'm not saying hes imagining it, just I've never seen it on mine. It could be possible on the old sense I just haven't seen it :p

EvoJumper

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm not calling anyone crazy. I've been using htc phones for the last 3 years. I have never heard the weather widget make sounds before. If he is rooted then he could have said so. It didn't sound like he is. In fact his post stated he is using the stock widget. Since you seem to know so much, please tell me where in the settings I can turn on the audio that comes with the weather widget. If he is rooted then that's different. But show me on a STOCK EVO 4g where these settings are.

EvoJumper

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
Don't blame them they just cant help because they've never heard of the Evo 4g making weather sounds, i didn't till i flashed a 3.0 sense rom i never knew the evo or sense had that feature to have sound go along with the animation. I'm not saying hes imagining it, just I've never seen it on mine. It could be possible on the old sense I just haven't seen it :p

So I can't be accused of not trying to use the feature...I just called HTC support. The rep actually told me it should be an option in the Evo 4g and had me go through all the settings within the widget...guess what? Their are no sound options anywhere on a stock EVO 4G that allow you to do this. She also had me go through the sound settings in the main settings screen...again no such settings. I'm running all the latest updates. My phone is completely up to date. So if someone can show me this feature I would appreciate it.

I'm bettng the youtube video was showing a rooted phone running a custom ROM.

Azwizzard

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
My phone isn't rooted... it was new from Sprint, got it about 2 months ago. Not sure, I just remember the sounds with the animation and trying it on my wife's phone too.

I have checked all the settings I could find and couldn't find anything.

Oh well.... not a huge deal.

iamShogun

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
I just recently had my phone replaced by Sprint. I have an Evo 3D running stock rom updated. I can confirm and was suprised to hear the weather amination sounds. I previously had the HTC EVO 4g an never heard weather amination sounds. Same with the launch day EVO 3D that i had replace, did not play the sound.

HTC EVO 3D instructions:
to turn on the animation sounds
  • click on the stock weather widget or app
  • press the menu button and select settings
  • check the sound effects option in the menu

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reroseroy