Weather units

shamai markel

Apr 12, 2020
Visit site
Hi, my google home mini's weather units are defined as Celsius in google home application on my android cell phone. However google home mini reads aloud the weather in Fahrenheit. Can u pls advise how to resolve ?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Does your Google Home recognize different people in the household? If so, perhaps it's mistaking you for someone else, and they have it set up for Fahrenheit. You can test by asking your Home Mini "Hey Google, what's my name?"

shamai markel

Apr 12, 2020
Visit site
Thank u for your reply. I tried asking ny google home mini "ok google what's My name. The response was to gwt help with thay u need to give me some more ibfornation in google app".

Also noticed that "ok google play music" replies the same message. Not pssible to select music source in google home on My android. Would appreciate help in this as well. Thank u

Welcome to Android Central! Does your Google Home recognize different people in the household? If so, perhaps it's mistaking you for someone else, and they have it set up for Fahrenheit. You can test by asking your Home Mini "Hey Google, what's my name?"

me just saying

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
what music service? are you linked to it in settings? is it the default service? if not default, are you saying the service name as part of the command?

try deleting the app cache and reset the temperature unit. restart the phone.

shamai markel

Apr 12, 2020
Visit site
I currently have no music service connected to Google Home. The settings screen on my android cellular phone, under music menu option, shows there is no provider defined as default, and there is no option to select or define any specific music provider.

Also tried to name a music provider and said aloud "ok google play music from you tube" with no success.

As per the weather units, did what u recommended with no success. Can u please further advise how to resolve both issues ? thanks

Last edited:

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
It sounds like you need to go through the Google Home app Settings and link your Google account to your Home app, so the Home devices know who you are and what preferences you prefer.

shamai markel

Apr 12, 2020
Visit site
My google home app is connected to my gmail account, hence i would guess it is supposed to know me. Is there some specific setting that needs to be defined ?

shamai markel

Apr 12, 2020
Visit site
Tried to set up Voice Match. An error is displayed that recommends to check connection and retry. Pressing cancel progresses to actual voice match definition following which no change in problem.

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
As B Diddy mentioned, it sounds like you need to setup a Google Voice Model in the Google app (so it recognizes who you are when you say "OK Google..."). And then go to the Services tab in the Google app and select your default Music service and your Home speaker should them sync with that. The Home speakers are closely intertwined to the Google app settings on your phone, along with options on the Home app.
7f181b4ecf83a566426110bd6c045bd0.jpg

me just saying

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
I currently have no music service connected to Google Home. The settings screen on my android cellular phone, under music menu option, shows there is no provider defined as default, and there is no option to select or define any specific music provider.

Also tried to name a music provider and said aloud "ok google play music from you tube" with no success.

As per the weather units, did what u recommended with no success. Can u please further advise how to resolve both issues ? thanks

set a music default and see if it helps. as far as the temperature unit issue. I am at a loss for that. might need to contact google.

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
Is your phone connected to the same WiFi network as your Home speaker? From the Google Home support page:

Choose a weather unit:

Make sure your mobile device or tablet is connected to the same Wi-Fi as your Google Nest or Google Home speaker or display.
Open the Google Home app Google Home app.
Tap Settings More settings.
Tap Weather.
Choose a weather unit.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
you don't need to setup voice match. I use google home without voice match and am able to play music and have the correct temperature unit.

I was wondering if the Google Home is mistaking the voice for someone else, maybe it's using that other person's preferences.