Weekly Photo Contest: Event

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
weekly-photo-contest-event.jpg

Seattle Sounders FC 2015 home opener.

Whether big or small, there are always events worth noting and taking pictures of every single week. It could be a big game for your favorite sports team, a birthday party or maybe a school-related celebration — as long as it's an event, it'll fit the prompt this week. Do your best to capture the essence of whatever event is going on, and enter it this week.

Two winners will take home prizes this week for their entries — a Ventev Quick Charge 2.0 Wallport charger!

Entering is easy. Just drop your entry in a post below. Tell us what Android you used to get the picture, and any back story you want to add to it. We'll pick a winner Tuesday (March 17) night at 11:59 PM ET, and announce them on the blog with next Wednesday's contest.

• Pictures must be taken with an Android device
  • Pictures must be uploaded to the contest thread. I'm not running all over the Internet to track them down.
  • You have to tell us what device you used to take the picture, and any special software you might have used. Editing your pictures is fine — this is art.
  • Feel free to add a little back story — we want to know how the picture came to be.
  • You must have used a valid email address to register here at AC, so I know how to contact the winner.
  • Only one entry per week per person.

Good luck, everyone!

Last edited:

uofmike

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
This was taken with my Note 4 (with no editing) at the Gophers vs. Boilermakers game at TCF Bank Stadium in Minneapolis. My dad and I have had University of Minnesota football season tickets for almost 20 years now. This was from our seats at homecoming this year, one of the first sellouts in awhile and a great game with a big comeback at the end to top it off. With the exception of the guy in front of me moving, I think it looks about as good as it can considering how many people would need to stay still.

The direct imgur link seems to look a little clearer to me: http://i.imgur.com/rhb2F5h.jpeg

Gophers Pano.jpg

Last edited:

Brad Boland

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
This is a picture of my daughter reaching for beads and stuffed animals at a Mardi Gras Parade in Mobile, Alabama. This photo was taken with a Moto X (2014) using Google Camera and edited in Snapseed.
15 - 1.jpg

winter128

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
IMG_0886.jpg
This was taken with my Samsung Galaxy S5. Green Bay Packers Vs New England Patriots. I'm a long time Patriots fan and was very happy to finally get to see a game at Lambeau Field.

Cody Monson

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
IMG_20140922_174407796.jpg

Game Day at Washington Redskins Stadium (FedEx Field) from the Press Box. Panoramic picture taken with Moto X 1st Gen. Edited in Google Photos (Tilt-Shift effect applied).

aadelman

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Here's a sunset picture at a University of Texas Football Game with Downtown Austin in the background taken with my Samsung Galaxy S4 using A Better Camera in HDR Mode.20141018_192103_HDR_zpsaz7mmsqh.jpg

AndroDict

Mar 11, 2015
Visit site
2014-08-01-23.18.jpg
This photo took from Assembly 2014 (Finnish LAN Party festival).
It's just a small disco aside the actual event, but I found it a good subject
for photos. The smoke creates a nice effect by making the dancers
into silhouettes.
This photo was took using Galaxy S3, which I had back then.
Small edits was made using Photoshop CC.

ggoomani

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
This photo was taken at Balboa Park in San Diego. We were lucky enough to visit when they were holding an outdoor concert event at this venue featuring the Spreckels Organ, one of the world's largest outdoor pipe organs. It was donated to the City of San Diego in 1914 for the World's fair.... and it sounded as unique and different as it looked. It was a beautiful 75 degree, partly cloudy day. Cloudy days can be great for HDR.

Photo taken with 2013 Moto X. The camera had the HDR setting turned on to highlight the contrasting features in the background, especially with the dramatic clouds.IMG_20150125_141635756_HDR.jpg

SeigaGen

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
This is the site of my wedding coming this September. The place is Tooth and Nail Winery in Paso Robles, CA.

My fiance and I have a fight going though, does this place look like Shrek's Castle or The Fortress Levels of Mario in Super Mario Land and beyond?

Used my Nexus 6 stock camera with Google Photos editing.

73e01086ac618c86ff1635f69f284ead.jpg

jakeuten

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
dulutheasthockey.jpg
Panorama taken on my HTC One Mini during the Duluth East vs St. Thomas Academy hockey game, one of the most viewed indoors games in history (more than 20K people) and it actually trended nationwide on Twitter last Thursday. A Little distortion, but not too bad. No edit if I can remember correctly. (GO GREYHOUNDS!)

sirCLD

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
I would love to participate in these contests but cannot upload a picture using my Note 4. Would someone please enlighten me as to what I am doing wrong? :) The only contest I entered was by sending the picture to my laptop and logging in from there...

Posted via the Android Central App using the Note 4

lsmachado

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
I would love to participate in these contests but cannot upload a picture using my Note 4. Would someone please enlighten me as to what I am doing wrong? :) The only contest I entered was by sending the picture to my laptop and logging in from there...

Posted via the Android Central App using the Note 4

If you are using the Android Central app, after you tap the icon to post a message, tap the paperclip icon in the upper right corner. It will open the pictures stored in your phone, and you just tap the photo you want to post. I only use the Android Central app, not the AC Forums app; so I can't speak for that one.

Posted via the Android Central App

rpmm70

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
93ecb9f183a599b4f785b7c692aae238.jpg

Taken with my Galaxy S4. Everyone enjoying some treats after finishing the Hot Chocolate Race in Seattle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz