Weekly Photo Contest: Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coollok100

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Had a bit of trouble posting this (I have worked out what went wrong - apparently you have a moderator system now - really sorry for the unnecessary posts) I took my picture on my Nexus 4 with the Stock Camera app and edited with the Stock Gallery. This is a picture of the Corpus Clock in Cambridge, and I got quite a nice artistic effect of a floating, translucent clock from the reflections (if you see it, which as ever is subjective).

Many apologies, moderator (whoever you may be).
corpus final.jpg

chejo

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
The clock that stopped during the devastating earthquake of Skopje on 26.07.1963.
IMAG0070_1.jpg

Picture taken with my HTC One X, with some editing on the built in HTC gallery.

comraderudy

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
time does not stand still when you're aladeen or aladeen for that matter. i will be sad to retire this fine watch, but a Pebble will make a great replacement.

time AC contest entry - 1.jpg

"gold" Dictator watch photo taken with Samsung Galaxy Note 3 stock camera app's fisheye mode. Slight crop and edit with Aviary.

baconnbitz2010

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
This is a photo of one of the older courthouses in the county. This shot was located in Newnan, Ga at a courthouse built around 1833. It served as the county seat, a civil war hospital and more over its life. This was shot at dusk using the HD setting on my HTC One and uploaded to G+ photos. I did use the "enhance" photo feature and here's the result! Newnan Ga Courthouse circa 1833.jpg

zippox180

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
While this might seem simplistic and insignificant, the significance of this time is priceless. It's the hospital cablebox clock edited with PaperArtist to remove all background images. Taken with my S3. 12:19 AM is the time my son was born. It is a time permanently burned in my heart.

Attachments

• PaperArtist_2013-10-03_00-36-40.jpg
    PaperArtist_2013-10-03_00-36-40.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 13

draken

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
WDWMainStreet.jpg
This image of the mass of people leaving Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom represents time on many levels. First is the time of night it was taken. Second is how long it will take to get out of the park and third is why didn't I time my departure from the park better. Taken last week on vacation with a Galaxy Note 2, stock camera app, and no enhancements unless Google did something to it (auto backup).

l_t_freeman

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Time ... great subject for photography...I don't live near the Big Ben or any other great or well known time piece or clock.

However I think we have all been forced into an awareness concerning time. When to get up and get somewhere on time, turning homework in on time so there are no penalties, projects at work to be turned in on time, waiting for others due to lack of time management, missing a plane(twice and once an international flight) due to not being there on time, obligations at home ...dinner, laundry, date nights, church getting there on time, out on time, meetings and reports on time. Lastly, making time out for yourself.
Over the years I have had many watches, which I still all but one(it was stolen from me in the late 80's..I bought it in 75 for $300..paid on it through layaway, special ordered it because I was allergic to back cases on watches, 14K yellow gold, stolen when I forgot to put back in case by ex-boyfriends workers in our house, appraised and valued at the time at $2800...had my initials engraved on back. STOLEN and broke by heart).

In order are my watches including my first, a pendant from my father, it needs a new chain and it was painted bright green, my first purchase, a watch Timex and I recently replaced the band for $10.00, I only paid less than $25 for the watch, fad watches, 2 watches from former employees, several watches I bought to help control my weight/health, and church watches in gold, black and white ceramic. I've kept them all for the memories and to be on time to appointments. Guess what? Unless it's work, I'm still not there exactly on time! Not bragging, just need watch batteries!
For the particulars of this contest I used my Samsung Galaxy S3 to take this picture on a light green sage cover on my bed.

Attachments

• 20131008_113259.jpg
    20131008_113259.jpg
    701.4 KB · Views: 13

Illustrator Joe

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
IMG_20131008_125127.jpg

Passing time on my lunch break. The watch was a gift from my Mom when I graduated High School some time ago. I have worn it pretty much everyday since then. Reminds me of her.
Thanks AC!

-Taken with Nexus 4, stock BW Filter and some minor contrast and shadow tweaks with the stock photo editing.

lovebrigade

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
This was taken at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art Coffee Shop. Few people notice this piece (mostly because it's in the coffee shop), but its a clock that syncs with the rhythms of the sun and tells the time based on the percentage of sunlight that has passed in a day.

0%= Sunrise
99.99%= Sunset

An interesting perspective on measuring the passage of time. I also like this picture because the angle of the ceiling lights reminds me of the phases of the moon, with full in the middle, shrinking to crescents on each side.

Taken on my Galaxy S3, edited with Snapseed.

IMG_20131007_165530.jpg

Droid Brick

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Here's what I use to keep time, my basses. Both are Fender Jazz basses, one fretted and the other fretless. They have gotten me through many gigs and they are dear to my heart.
Taken with my Samsung Galaxy S3.
basses .jpg

Tyler Talmage

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Spent some time messing around with a DIY watch kit, here it is on my messy work space. Photo taken with Galaxy Note II touched up by snapseed

Attachments

• 20131008_124928_LLS_1.jpg
    20131008_124928_LLS_1.jpg
    596.2 KB · Views: 12

carsncars

May 17, 2013
Visit site
"On Time"

Few places are more time-centric than train stations and airports. This platform clock, shot with my Nexus 4 at Acton Town Underground Station, helps commuters as they rush between home and work. The London Underground itself represents a system that has stood the test of time. The Tube has been in use continuously for a century and a half; this station, Acton Town, opened in 1879! Of course, the Underground has seen its share of expansions; the CCTV camera is a reflection of modern times, keeping a watchful eye on crowds by the seconds, minutes, and days. The camera also provides an interesting juxtaposition against the heritage of the rest of the station.

Shot with a Nexus 4, edited with Snapseed, resized with Photoshop

Attachments

• IMG_2013_0608_web.jpg
    IMG_2013_0608_web.jpg
    279.8 KB · Views: 13

DroidHeroDoes

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Morning coffee on my day off. Photo was taken with Samsung Galaxy S3. Unedited picture.20131008_155324.jpg

***How can I rotate the picture on here? It looks right on my Google Drive***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasIndia