Weird file sorting after flashing "0" folder

kmr296

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
So I wanted to try cm10.1 nightly on my i535 today. After install couldn't make calls and was getting annoyed with the bugs so I botted to recovery and went to restore my backup i had just made in rom manager. THEY WERE GONE. I freaked.

Flashed back to a couple CM10.0 (couldn't remember whihch nightly i knew worked well) and did install. Went to run titanium backup - BACKUPS GONE. Freaked again.

plugged phone into my laptop and something interesting happened to my phone. In the couple flashes I did (i guess 3) rom manager took the previous system files, put them in a folder "0", and created new system files. LUCKILY my titanium backup and rom manager backups were in the last "0" file. I took a screenshot - look at the paths.

A. Why did this happen? I've flashed CM10 nightly every night for the past 2 months and this never happened.
B. How can I easily fix this?

Thanks!

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    133.2 KB · Views: 16

rootedVette

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
This is caused because Android 4.2 supports multiple users, even if it is disabled for phones. "0" is the first user. For phones, there just isn't a second user, so it just appears to the unknowing to be some sort of error.

Sent from my Nexus 4

kmr296

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Ah - yup new 4.2 was multi-user but didn't know how it was arranged in the file system. So basically copy the deepest "0" folder up to the internally directory and I should be good.

Should have realized that was the problem... Thanks man

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mossi