Well that's a first.........

mattdamiz85

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Was driving to work and had my G4 sitting on my center console. It slid off and sort of tumbled along the carpet on the floor board. Apparently it was destiny. The corner of the track that the seat slides in somehow got my camera! Back on my N6 for now. May just repair and sell. Forgot how much I love this beast. (The N6) Took a couple pictures after I got my sim back in my N6. A case wouldn't have done anything for me this time around!

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 19875.jpg
    19875.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 357
  • 19874.jpg
    19874.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 359

maybish

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
Oh no! This is just horrible luck! I have noticed that this phone even with the case on has a hard time staying put in the car.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If it's just the glass, it's a cheap repair. If the camera is gone too, it's a little more expensive (about $15) if you buy a Chinese replacement, but about $100 for an LG part.

mattdamiz85

May 15, 2011
Visit site
After examination it appears to just be the glass. So I'm ordering the part now. Will replace and then decide where to go from here.

legin111

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
For future protection, grab yourself a dbrand skin for your camera lens. I have it on mine and it works well. You can buy just the accessories for the lens and the volume buttons in leather or color or whatever you want and it's cheap peace of mind. I got a leather lens cover myself and it looks great with the leather back

Bearcats98

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
I think what the OP is saying that regardless of outer protection is was destined to be cracked. Kinda like a PB&J. If you drop it it will land face down. I am surmising that just through the act of tumbling it landed in Mr. Murphys "oh so right" position that the sharp corner of the seat track hit right in the middle of lens cover. Just horrible luck.

Hope its a cheap fix!

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I feel for ya. I always say if Murphy is gonna get someone, Murphy is gonna get me.

Hopefully it's an easy fix.

mattdamiz85

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I ordered the part online. Already took off the broken piece. Literally took 30 seconds. This phone is really easy to fix. Thank the lord.

spiraleze

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Ouch, glad to hear that you are well on your way to getting your camera back in operation. Please keep us updated on your progress. Good luck.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I ordered the part online. Already took off the broken piece. Literally took 30 seconds. This phone is really easy to fix. Thank the lord.

That is good to know. Did you get a piece that included the buttons and lense or just the lense? It looks like it's all one piece. Thanks. I'm asking because I have the white g4 and would like to replace the buttons but I don't want to cause a problem.

Sent from my LG G4

mattdamiz85

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I actually ordered the whole back piece. Got it from sstparts. Check them out.

Should be in Saturday or Monday at the latest.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
youngdaddy3