Wet S22+

Gary_Berg

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
My wife took a fall in the surf at the beach on Monday. Apparently she got water in her S22+. She's been charging it wirelessly with no problem.

Last night we charged it on USB, and about 4 hours later it woke us up complaining about water or foreign matter in the port.

Should I try blowing it out with canned air? Dip it in water to rinse it and then dry with canned air? Rice? Throw it away? Suck air over it with a vacuum cleaner?

Sent from my SM-T870 using Tapatalk

jtfwTX

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
My wife took a fall in the surf at the beach on Monday. Apparently she got water in her S22+. She's been charging it wirelessly with no problem.

Last night we charged it on USB, and about 4 hours later it woke us up complaining about water or foreign matter in the port.

Should I try blowing it out with canned air? Dip it in water to rinse it and then dry with canned air? Rice? Throw it away? Suck air over it with a vacuum cleaner?

I would try compressed air and maybe small toothpick if needed.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Yep, it needs throwing away.

You should always rinse your phone with clean fresh water when it comes into contact with saltwater or chlorinated water. Rice is for eating, not for burying phones.
The throwing it away part was just a joke... I think you knew that, but can't be too careful.

Gary_Berg

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm assuming that I shouldn't turn it USB up and turn on the tap? Should I fill a pan with water and fully submerge it or what? I've not been able to find much on how to rinse it off. Then how do I dry it, and how long should it be off?

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
You should run it under the tap after exposure to salt water. At this point though I'd get some distilled water and flush the port with that as well as givbing the whole phone a good rinse off. If it persists, try swabbing the port lightly with isopropyl alcohol.

For drying, Just shake it off and then dry with a soft towel. You can use it normally, but I wouldn't plug it in until at least 3 or 4 hours later.

This is all assuming that you have already inspected the port for any debris, by the wayy..

danhartman26

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
I would not use running water. Keep in mind that the IP68 rating is for standing water. While the tap directly on the port probably won't hurt anything, I personally would put the water in a tub and gently move the phone to rinse the salt/sand off.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using AC Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae