What Android Keyboards are you using?

subguy812

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
Just curious what keyboards everyone is using with their S20? I have used GBoard for a few years now, but used to use SwiftKey.

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
I use Gboard the majority of the time, especially on certain apps/websites like this one. For some reason, Gboard will not work on the quick reply box, but Samsung stock KB does.

I've tried to like Swiftkey, but always run into issues. Gboard seems to have the most accurate swiping. I also noticed that Swiftkey is now owned by Microsoft?

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Love Gboard and use it on all my devices. Can't tolerate whatever Samsung ships, Gboard works great for me on all my phones. But it comes down to preference since everyone has their favorite keyboard.

the_boon

Aug 7, 2018
Visit site
Love Gboard and use it on all my devices. Can't tolerate whatever Samsung ships, Gboard works great for me on all my phones. But it comes down to preference since everyone has their favorite keyboard.
Neither of them will ever equal a half decent physical one in terms of accuracy, tactility and comfort.

However, Gboard, SwiftKey and the BB keyboard are generally regarded as the best you'll get with glass.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Neither of them will ever equal a half decent physical one in terms of accuracy, tactility and comfort.

However, Gboard, SwiftKey and the BB keyboard are generally regarded as the best you'll get with glass.
I hate the physical keyboard. And yes may be I'm in the minority here but I prefer onscreen keyboard with swipe anyday over the physical keyboards. I'm not going to miss them one bit.

Last edited:

the_boon

Aug 7, 2018
Visit site
I hate the physical keyboard. And yes may be I'm in the minority here but I prefer onscreen keyboard with swipe anyday over the physical keyboards. I'm not going to miss them one bit.
You're definitely not in the minority lol, hence why we've had less than 10 keyboard options in total over the last five years, compared to hundreds (thousands?) of all touch phones.

williams448

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I want to like the Samsung keyboard, but Gboard is just more accurate with swiping and text prediction. I do switch to Sammy KB when I want to use stickers or AR emojis.

Adnen Boultif

May 28, 2020
Visit site
Hi, i'm using Typewise for months (since the beta version) and i really like it, the unique layout makes it easy to type, a keyboard that fully respect my privacy and a very good support from the devs.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
I have yet to find an Android keyboard that doesn't frustrate me. They all do in one way or another. Gboard drives me nuts, the accidental touches are too much.

BergerKing

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
View attachment 320975
SwiftKey for me. I've been using it for years. I've tried a bunch and always go back to SwiftKey. Gboard is a close second.

SwiftKey going back to my first Android phone in 2012, a Motorola Photon. Loved that phone, but it was poorly supported, and WiMax, which lived a very short life. I face it to one of the kids for hus phone and upgraded that same year to the Galaxy S3. I have the keyboard response time shortened for faster typing, especially when it comes to dropping punctuation and characters. My 'long' presses are very short in duration. I just love that I install and sign in, and it goes from there.

Last edited:

V J

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Swiftkey. I came from Windows Phone waaay back in 2012 which had an amazing stock keyboard and Swiftkey was the closest to it, but better. Stuck with it ever since.

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
I like the Blackberry keyboard most. However, it has had a problem with the clipboard function on it for a long time now - I think since Android 10. So now I use Gboard configured as close to BB keyboard as I can make it. If BB keyboard ever gets fixed I'll probably go back, but I'm not hopeful.

rj240

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I tried to install the Blackberry keyboard APK. It starts installing, but then I get an error message saying that it was not installed. Anyone else have this issue? What am I doing wrong?

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I tried to install the Blackberry keyboard APK. It starts installing, but then I get an error message saying that it was not installed. Anyone else have this issue? What am I doing wrong?
I had the same issue
Pretty sure the BlackBerry Keyboard app needs to be patched for it to run on non-BlackBerry devices.

Cobalt's BlackBerry Manager app will download the app from the Play Store, patch it, then install it. The BlackBerry Manager can also install the whole BlackBerry Hub+ Suite, but if all you want is the keyboard, that's all you need to install.

I'm not sure the BlackBerry Keyboard app from other sources is properly pre-patched, so if that's your source, then that could be why it's not installing - it's looking for a BlackBerry Android device, most likely the BlackBerry Priv, Dtek50/60 or Motion.

The Keyboard app also requires at least Android 5, and ARM v8 processor.

rj240

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Pretty sure the BlackBerry Keyboard app needs to be patched for it to run on non-BlackBerry devices.

Cobalt's BlackBerry Manager app will download the app from the Play Store, patch it, then install it. The BlackBerry Manager can also install the whole BlackBerry Hub+ Suite, but if all you want is the keyboard, that's all you need to install.

I'm not sure the BlackBerry Keyboard app from other sources is properly pre-patched, so if that's your source, then that could be why it's not installing - it's looking for a BlackBerry Android device, most likely the BlackBerry Priv, Dtek50/60 or Motion.

The Keyboard app also requires at least Android 5, and ARM v8 processor.

Thanks for your answer. I created the APK from my daughter's BB Motion, so what you say makes sense.

I'm trying to install it on my S20+.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy