What Android watch are you using with your Fold?

Dan_B1979

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
I'm seriously (can't believe I'm saying this) 😂 considering getting an Android watch and selling my IP15 Pro Max and AWU on as I'm finding now that I'm using the Fold more & more and it'll do the job of 2 phones for me (work and personal); but I'm so used to the AWU that I'd need to replace it with as good an Android watch I can find. I don't 'need' two Flagship mobile phones!

So either the Pixel 2 watch or the latest Samsung Watch 5 Pro

My only 'niggle' is that the AWU suits me so well with the size of my hands/wrists and forearms from the years of powerlifting and stone-lifting etc; small watches just look silly on me and most Android watches are just too small...!

Thoughts/suggestions etc?

notforhire

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
the latest would be the Galaxy Watch 6 Classic (47mm). it doesn't begin to look small. as for its compatibility with a Pixel Fold, couldn't say. yes, the Pixel watch appears tiny on most men's wrists.

Reactions: tube517

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy Watch 6 and I use it with my Pixel 6. I have Samsung health and Samsung health monitor on my Pixel 6 and it works. The watch is really good and I'm not a watch guy. Does everything it advertises. The battery life sucks but I charge every 24-30 hours so I'm not picky about that.

I did have to do a workaround to get the ECG and Blood pressure to sync but the instructions are online and easy.

I also have a Samsung Flip 5 but I just recently found my Pixel 6 when I thought it was lost for good. Been using the Pixel 6 as a daily and I need the ECG and BP for health issues.

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Google Watch 1 with the Fold and before that the 6 Pro.

I find it adequately sized. It has "who-do-you-call-its" crown protector on it and a peeling screen protector.

1000019333.jpg

Reactions: Dan_B1979

Dan_B1979

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
Cheers

Looked at the Samsung Watch 6 classic and that looks a good watch to go for, 47mm and LTE for c£300 here in the UK

Dirt cheap compared to the AWU!

Plus I can get the Ultimal velcro straps for it too (and the Spigen case/screen protector) which suit my OCD well 😂

Reactions: FF22 and notforhire

Dan_B1979

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
My Samsung Watch 6 Classic 47mm lands with me tomorrow; please can someone state which Samsung apps I need to download to my Fold to get this working

Cheers

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I think one was Samsung Health. Some "gear" app perhaps. I imagine plugging in Gear and Samsung into the Playstore might turn up what you need. I will have to fine the 6Pro and see if I still have the apps on it.